Training Camp Discussion

5 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I think all of our formerly stalwart podcasters have soured on Mariota. 

Pretty sure Jonboy, Guru, and Jamal think Mariota’s probably done for. 

Just a bunch of Jay Quitlers.

@Jonboy @TitansGuru @Jamalisms Speak up, oh Vanishing Vanguard. Is it true? Are you all just a bunch of Jay Quitlers?

Edited by NashvilleNinja

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

If they have functioning eyes they do

45 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

Aside from a player looking terrible, it's really impossible to make judgements on players during TC.  I don't love the mediocre QB play, but TC is the place for these guys to make mistakes and learn from it.  I just want to see individual progression during games 2/3.  

You hear this every year about every team. If there aren't mistakes, you have to wonder if they are just that good or if they aren't pushing themselves to be better.  The answer is usually clear

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

I don't think anyone here thinks Tannehill is some savior or long-term option. "Does he give the team a better chance to win than Mariota?" is certainly a valid question, however.

Valid question, indeed. But both being inconsistent doesn’t lead to very much confidence in the offense at the moment. 

I get that that a lot of posters were either salivating at Tannehill or way more down on Mariota after the first preseason game, but the reports from camp are damning to both. 

I honestly dont give a fuck who is the starting QB; they just need to make the plays, whoever it is. 

41 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

If there aren't mistakes, you have to wonder if they are just that good or if they aren't pushing themselves to be better.

This is what l said all the time about MM.  Let him throw all over the lot and find his range.  I know now what would have long ago been proven.  It's an embarrassment to the NFL that his completion percentage record came in a game where he wasn't even trying to win.  He was just out there throwing little passes they gave him to eat up the clock.

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

I don't think anyone here thinks Tannehill is some savior or long-term option. "Does he give the team a better chance to win than Mariota?" is certainly a valid question, however.

it's of course a valid question but I think the answer is clear.  Mariota gives the team a better chance.  Health will be the only issue... and it may be an issue with Tannehill also.  He"s had significant knee issues and operations.

a lot of history here with Mariota and it has clouded peoples judgement.  and a lot of constant regurgitated hate that has beaten down some reasonable posters to start to think well maybe it's true.

Mariota ain't perfect and plays the game in a chaotic sort of way...you see a lot of shit that makes you shake your head but he also brings it and makes plays that are special.  He also seems to thrive when the game gets chaotic in the later stages.  Tough to defend him in high pressure situations cause he can beat you simply by running past you.  In those moments he can put defenses on their heels.  

It aint pretty a lot of the times and it aint perfect and if we move on at the end of the year for a different style of QB than so be it but ain't no way in hell I'm going with Tannehill over Mariota for a year.

Also got to factor in that this is a new system for Tannehill and what is his actual dedication to winning.  He would be best served to not play a snap this year and his stock will rise next year regardless.  If he plays and bombs then he's fucked.   Like a rookie not participating in the combine..why do it if it can only hurt you.  Tannehill will be a commodity next year regardless of actually showing it on the field...thats how the NFL works.

8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Mariota also did pretty well against the same Pats defense in a real game.  Sometimes things go right and sometimes things don't.  I'm not as worried if they don't click in a practice.  I'd be a little more concerned if it was a pre-season game but even then those games tend to be vanilla anyway.  

Chances are it's meaningless.  It's preseason.

But the quality of defense, from both a scheme and a player quality metric matters.

And it will always matter.

Edited by TitanDuckFan

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Just a bunch of Jay Quitlers.

@Jonboy @TitansGuru @Jamalisms Speak up, oh Vanishing Vanguard. Is it true? Are you all just a bunch of Jay Quitlers?

I don't think Jamal thinks Mariota's done for. But Jamal is smart enough to know he doesn't have a leg to stand on around here after the last couple of years. So he went silent and started posting his opinions on Twitter instead ... where he doesn't have to defend them.

He hated AAS ... she's thrived.

He thought/hoped the Titans would be sold ... they aren't.

He expected Mariota to explode without Mularkey ... he didn't. 

If Mariota somehow does a 360 ... he'll come back.

Edited by big2033