Training Camp Discussion

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Mike Herndon said today he was no longer worried about Conklin 

@OILERMAN have you listened to Herndon's review podcast of today's practice, found it interesting when he was talking about the discussion he was having with PK about the back end of the roster guys.

Seems Isiah Mack and Amani Bledsoe aren't just UDFA scrubs making up the numbers, these two seem to have a legitimate shot at making the 53 man roster, which means Matt Dickerson's spot is certainly under threat.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

@OILERMAN have you listened to Herndon's review podcast of today's practice, found it interesting when he was talking about the discussion he was having with PK about the back end of the roster guys.

Seems Isiah Mack and Amani Bledsoe aren't just UDFA scrubs making up the numbers, these two seem to have a legitimate shot at making the 53 man roster, which means Matt Dickerson's spot is certainly under threat.

Yea I listened to it. I think I heard Keith praising Bledsoe too, I think it was Keith 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If he plays like this for the first 6 weeks o you think we go ahead and sign him? 

If he plays well early in the season it wouldn't be the worst idea to throw an offer in front of him and try to avoid a bidding war if he makes it to free agency.

Obviously the major caveat is health/performance early in the year.

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Yea I listened to it. I think I heard Keith praising Bledsoe too, I think it was Keith 

From memory wasn't Bledsoe the highest ranked defensive player by PFF in PSG1.

Would be great from a roster building standpoint if Bledsoe/Mack or both can become viable rotational DL guys, would mean there is depth there for the future, highly likely Jones/Johnson are both gone at the end of this year.

Interesting listening to Coach Mac on the OTP today, he thinks there is a real chance JRob only keeps 4 true OLB on the initial 53 man roster with Evans considered a hybrid guy who will play both ILB/OLB depending on the defensive package.

Would be surprised if they only kept 4, but I guess there is the possibility they might want to keep one of these UDFA guys like Isiah Mack/Amani Bledsoe/Kareem Orr that have been getting positive reviews in camp by not only the media but Vrabel himself, rather than risking them being claimed if put on waivers.

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Saw that someone posted today that Nate Davis has now missed 9 straight practices, that is simply too much time for a 3rd round rookie to miss and have a chance of making a contribution early in the season.

He has been practicing and playing football his entire life.  I doubt he forgets how to play after 9 practices.

1 minute ago, Righteous said:

He has been practicing and playing football his entire life.  I doubt he forgets how to play after 9 practices.

Big step up from a non power 5 CFB program into the NFL, especially when he also has to rework a fundamentally flawed stance, no damage done over the long term just makes it a bit harder to come in straight away and make an immediate contribution.

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

From memory wasn't Bledsoe the highest ranked defensive player by PFF in PSG1.

Would be great from a roster building standpoint if Bledsoe/Mack or both can become viable rotational DL guys, would mean there is depth there for the future, highly likely Jones/Johnson are both gone at the end of this year.

Someone was saying how some of the national media guys were commenting how much depth we have. That teams will be waiting on cuts and PS designations.

46 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Interesting listening to Coach Mac on the OTP today, he thinks there is a real chance JRob only keeps 4 true OLB on the initial 53 man roster with Evans considered a hybrid guy who will play both ILB/OLB depending on the defensive package.

Would be surprised if they only kept 4, but I guess there is the possibility they might want to keep one of these UDFA guys like Isiah Mack/Amani Bledsoe/Kareem Orr that have been getting positive reviews in camp by not only the media but Vrabel himself, rather than risking them being claimed if put on waivers.

I heard that, too. It’s possible, but if Roberson shows reasonably good upside as a pass rusher I would think they would want to keep him even if they make him inactive.

1 minute ago, japan said:

Someone was saying how some of the national media guys were commenting how much depth we have. That teams will be waiting on cuts and PS designations.

Certainly a few guys on D who could have a chance to stick elsewhere as bottom of the roster guys on bad teams.