AussieTitanFan08

Training Camp Discussion

We’ve got another team here and practice in pads and media is only watching and reporting on individual passing drills and 7 on 7 shit 🙄. The least useful information we could get.

27 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Don’t engage. I’m tired of seeing his nonsense. 

Try taking your own advice genius lol. Let's see if you last more than a day this time ... 

Edited by big2033

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

You’re the one quoting me, little guy. 

Less than a day! I was right again! 

On 8/12/2019 at 5:16 PM, Pray_iv_m3rcy said:

It is much easier to blanket the wrs in the redzone. I think everybody is overreacting to the redzone failures in practice. It sounds like offense is passing on nearly every attempt. 

This is ultimately the crux of why preseason criticism, and especially camp criticism, is so incomplete/lacking. People have this false 'game day' mentality/perspective when thinking about the things they're doing on the practice field. That may be what they're preparing for, but you do that by repetition. It's where you want the kinks to show up... so you can work them the hell out. You're not trying to scheme your way into a touchdown... you're puttin in reps. You're refining your approach. You're not necessarily always trying to fake out the defense. There's a time and place to do that during practice, but it's probably not the whole practice. So when we're hearing on a given day that Mariota is throwing lasers all over the field or that the DBs are knocking down or picking off every 3rd pass attempt then there's probably a specific reason for that according to whatever it may be that they're working on.  Same general principle behind preseason games.

23 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

We’ve got another team here and practice in pads and media is only watching and reporting on individual passing drills and 7 on 7 shit 🙄. The least useful information we could get.

Agreed.  More Conklin news, please!

23 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I see mixed reports but one thing absolutely hilarious is the over the top adjectives describing Maroita completions. 

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I see mixed reports but one thing absolutely hilarious is the over the top adjectives describing Maroita completions. 

I see what you did there... because he misses receivers high. NOT FUNNY!!!