Vrabel fired

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sitting back and not posting as much really does give you a different perspective. I’m shocked at how many didn’t see this coming and/or thought there was no chance.    Personally, I feel it’s

Thats a hit piece. AAS gave Robinson 6+ years and Vrabel 6 years. Both guys had their shot and she was patient throughout. The team peaked under them 4 years ago. This narrative AAS is indecisive and

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

@tgo, who are the Carthon-linked candidates?

Slowik mainly.

Dan Quinn through a lot of indirect channels. Even Schwartz was coveted by Atlanta when Detroit hired him while Carthon was there, and of course he and Jeff Fisher worked together for 5 years in St Louis so Schwartz would be highly recommended.

There are others that would make people extraordinarily angry that I won't discuss unless they are actually candidates lol.

One thing I've thought about is that Schwartz actually knows Kelly from their crossover here. If they wanted to keep contintuity for Levis, it would be easily possible with both a Schwartz hire (keeping Kelly) and an Arthur Smith hire (via promoting Charles London).

No clue if that's in the cards though. They could want to go a 100% totally new direction.

Edited by tgo

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Makes you wonder if there was some kind of blow up or something

I'm sure they had that "talk" and Amy got pissed. 

I'm surprised she didn't search the league for at least SOME trade value. My guess is that Vrabel has some say in his contract, and he's set on New England, who has declined to offer compensation because Kraft knows Amy will just fire him. 

Another tampering incident by Patriots. Not surprised in the least. 

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I saw this, and it would be an exciting prospect, but I wouldn't take anything Reising says as worth anything - esp not without direct sourcing.

10 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

BTW, the Titans will suck no matter who the HC is next year if they can't improve the talent.

I've been saying that for months and people wrongly thought it was a Vrabe defense - it wasn't. They need more talent, and a lot of it

Zero doubt our record will be worse next year. 3 wins or so. 

Did Mike Vrabel purposefully get himself fired? It's damn possible. 

Levis was a gunslinging fool in his first game. Reports were that he changed the reads on plays and favored the longshot over the sure thing. To me, that's the only way this team could win: by gambling. Mike Vrabel cooled him off and nearly ENSURED losses by starting the inefficient Henry, making the gameplan as conservative as possible, and "reeling in" Levis.