Stillman says Byard has requested his release from the Titans

BudsOilers

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Was pretty strong back in the 2020 offseason that JRob was making a huge mistake dismantling the offense to try and make immediate improvements to the defense it flied completely in the face with the way the game was trending, while they made a good run in 2021 to the #1 seed in the AFC we are seeing right now the results of those back to back horrific offseasons in 2020/21.

Regarding Tannehill he is an good not great QB that will win you a heap of games if the situation around him is at all favourable, where I differ from others is at his age and with the wear and tear he has sustained he should only be viewed as the short term option at QB and it would be disappointing if Carthon can't acquire the QBOTF by the time the 2024 draft has been completed.

I also have to admit I'm a little surprised that with the supressed WR/TE values in FA that this front office didn't pull some of the levers available and sign one of the better options in a limited pool of talent to at least guard against things not falling favourably in the draft.

The 19 offseason was even worse than 20 because it set the stage for the collapse. Letting Conklin go while spending 25 million for 0 sacks left the cap depleted going into 2020. It forced the Wilson pick. It forced the Dupree signing the next year. It left limited options to cover those two gaping holes and bring in a WR 2. 

Looking back, I still can't believe he went after a broke down Julio and paid his entire cap while giving up premium picks. He went all-in on the 21 roster for no reason unless you're considering how terribly he failed to secure a #2 WR in a deep draft which led to the Julio trade. Ugh.

I don't think I'm ever again going to recount and actually type out the cascading events leading to our offense needing to fill 4 holes on the line, at least 2 WRs, an in-line TE, and depth across the board all the while having an aging QB.

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If "impending retirement" is a dumbass way to say he's getting older, I'm banning the next douche who posts one of that guy's tweets.

Titans fans in 2022: "This roster is old, over-paid, and way too injury prone. We have to tear it down completely"!   *Ran cuts most of the old, over-paid, or injury prone players*  

I'm mad as fuck. I want Carthon gone 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Stan said:

That’s what happens with moneyball bullshit thinking they can just plug any joe back there and he’ll produce the same analytics only takes you so far. This is a ridiculous move. And how they treat their Vets nobody is gonna want to sign here especially big name free agents 

It's the same reason  no good coaches were coming. Why there are no offensive free agents either, and why there are only 49er retreads signed on defense. Why they are trying to trade the biggest, most established names on the roster. Why the most talented players over the age of 25 are available for trade. The place became a dumpster fire after the cuckoo midseason firing. This is what we asked for.

Robinson took care of his vets and there was a cost to that, but also a benefit. Only top notch drafting can cure all ills and turn the ship around from the public perception nightmare that is currently the Titans

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The single most thing that blows my mind is in two historically deep WR drafts in 2020 and 2021 JRob came away with Dez Fitzpatrick and Racey McMath which also ultimately led to the Julio Jones debacle.

This team looks a lot better weapons wise if Robinson chose Amon Ra St. Brown in the 4th like many of us were screaming for. 

5 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

While I do think Landry was overpaid for his last season, he's still a young player. He's also been asked to do a lot in coverage - and has done well considering. 

Landry is also younger and the DE position has bigger impact on the game.

37 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

This team looks a lot better weapons wise if Robinson chose Amon Ra St. Brown in the 4th like many of us were screaming for. 

It was a ton of us. Almost as close as we ever get to agreeing on anything.

9 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Tannehill with good weapons and good line equals highest rated passer in the league. 

Tannehill with good weapons and a  bad line equals tannehill being the 5th highest rated passer in the league. 

Tannehill with the 3rd worst line and no Henry for 8 games, 50% AJ and no one else equals average Tannehill. 

Tannehill with the worst line and weapons in the NFL equals not good. 

It's fascinating that this is considered a descending arc for Tannehill as it revolves around him specifically in his ability as a QB. The entire offense imploded around him the past two years. 

Yeah. Which is why it's ridiculous to think jettison talent as long as it's not Tannehill is a reasonable outlook

9 minutes ago, Amy said:

If this slashing payroll is about the stadium and AAS is too cheap to field a competitive team then she should sell the team. 

She's paying Jon Robinson millions not to work and another GM millions.  I don't think it's that. 

Edited by scine09

10 minutes ago, Amy said:

If this slashing payroll is about the stadium and AAS is too cheap to field a competitive team then she should sell the team.  And new flash for her no one will go to the new stadium if the team sucks 

When there's a need to get the salary cap in order there are two options.  Restructure and push salary cap costs forward.  Or cut expensive players and slash the payroll.  Clearly at this point RC is choosing the later.