Stillman says Byard has requested his release from the Titans

BudsOilers

19 minutes ago, scine09 said:

She's paying Jon Robinson millions not to work and another GM millions.  I don't think it's that. 

Me either but why are they trying to slash payroll?  Payroll is not the cap.  I still think the JRob firing was she had to choose between the GM and HC

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If "impending retirement" is a dumbass way to say he's getting older, I'm banning the next douche who posts one of that guy's tweets.

Titans fans in 2022: "This roster is old, over-paid, and way too injury prone. We have to tear it down completely"!   *Ran cuts most of the old, over-paid, or injury prone players*  

I'm mad as fuck. I want Carthon gone 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

You are thinking way too short term. We have a lot of problems to fix. The way he does some of them you may not like, but trust me, if we start winning again you will get over them pretty quick.

But I have seen Titans rebuilds, plenty of them and they take decades to be competitive again.  

I'm assuming this means the two sides can still get this worked out. I find it strange that there's been no mention of RT restructuring his contract. Maybe they are in discussions or maybe his status is still unclear. While I agree Byard is being paid well, he's probably the last player I would ask to take a pay cut.

42 minutes ago, Amy said:

If this slashing payroll is about the stadium and AAS is too cheap to field a competitive team then she should sell the team.  And new flash for her no one will go to the new stadium if the team sucks 

Wrong.  Opposing fans will always show up. 

5 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I'm assuming this means the two sides can still get this worked out. I find it strange that there's been no mention of RT restructuring his contract. Maybe they are in discussions or maybe his status is still unclear. While I agree Byard is being paid well, he's probably the last player I would ask to take a pay cut.

Tannehill thing is weird.  If they are keeping him extend him because then you can trade him next season for draft picks otherwise they get nothing.  Unless they think they love three QB’s in the draft and are thinking of trading to get one otherwise I am not sure why they are keeping Tannehill for a 36 million dollar cap hit 

21 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

You are thinking way too short term. We have a lot of problems to fix. The way he does some of them you may not like, but trust me, if we start winning again you will get over them pretty quick.

How many teams jettison their best players and start winning? 

8 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Was pretty strong back in the 2020 offseason that JRob was making a huge mistake dismantling the offense to try and make immediate improvements to the defense it flied completely in the face with the way the game was trending, while they made a good run in 2021 to the #1 seed in the AFC we are seeing right now the results of those back to back horrific offseasons in 2020/21.

Regarding Tannehill he is an good not great QB that will win you a heap of games if the situation around him is at all favourable, where I differ from others is at his age and with the wear and tear he has sustained he should only be viewed as the short term option at QB and it would be disappointing if Carthon can't acquire the QBOTF by the time the 2024 draft has been completed.

I also have to admit I'm a little surprised that with the supressed WR/TE values in FA that this front office didn't pull some of the levers available and sign one of the better options in a limited pool of talent to at least guard against things not falling favourably in the draft.

I know this may come as a shock to people, but the blame for having to dismantle the offense to fix the laughing-stock of a defense falls squarely on meathead and his good-ole-boy club.  When we had a legit DC in Pees, we had a solid defense without having to entirely retool to 'get guys that fit.'  If Pees had stayed one more year, suddenly that entire season looks vastly different. 

The situation with Byard is just one of many challenges facing the Titans this offseason. The team is also dealing with the impending retirement of quarterback Ryan Tannehill and the uncertain future of star running back Derrick Henry, who suffered a season-ending injury late in the 2022 season.