Stillman says Byard has requested his release from the Titans

BudsOilers

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

If it’s the Buck Reising interview, no he didn’t say that verbatim……8:50 to 10:55 on the attached is where he talks about Tannehill.  Very clear the tough time comment was tied to the constant speculation chatter…..

I'll have to see if I find it. I know I personally heard it, so it's out there.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If "impending retirement" is a dumbass way to say he's getting older, I'm banning the next douche who posts one of that guy's tweets.

Titans fans in 2022: "This roster is old, over-paid, and way too injury prone. We have to tear it down completely"!   *Ran cuts most of the old, over-paid, or injury prone players*  

I'm mad as fuck. I want Carthon gone 

Posted Images

The Titans have to retool and look to the future.  The players have a life expectancy in uniforms.  Henry is a canary.

Most players start to decline around Byard's age.  Not saying he will,  just an average.  This puts Byard well pass the declining age in 2024, 2025.  If the rebuild/retool works that's when they will be acquiring key pieces.

This is not an easy thing to do.  Especially when you have to pay players what they are worth. Now isn't the time to keep pushing money into the future.  Byard may still be around helping to develop his replacement, a huge plus.

We gotta be ready for some tough games and some heart breaking losses.

6 hours ago, 2Pacalypsenow said:

Stupid little virgin.

Answer the question. 

And I’m not the racist who’s been banned multiple times. You’re on borrowed time here, pal. No need to get all worked up and in your feelings with me. I’m just asking you to answer a simple question. 

How is Henry’s deal a team friendly deal?

19 minutes ago, 2Pacalypsenow said:

Ohhh no let me get my affairs in order 😱.

It’s okay, we know you can’t answer the question. And we all already know as soon as you get banned, you probably have another alias waiting because you live such a pathetic, sad excuse for a life you need validation from those who would rather your existence not be the case. 

Your football takes suck and you’re a trash human being. Later, gator.

21 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Ran said something once about "Ryan had decisions to make" and I always assumed that related to a contract offer and negotiations. One could imagine it meant he was considering his actual future and whether or not to play, then you link that with frustrations from the year before and seeking counseling to say maybe there's been some hint that he's just feeling close to done.

But I'd still be surprised, borderline shocked. It seems the least likely option between playing on deal, getting new deal, trade and retire.

At one point, someone ( I believe it might have been Vrabel) was asked about RT's status and they said Tannehill was in the building every day working and they expected him to be our QB next season. I suppose all that could have changed during contract negotiations and RC becoming fully involved in everyday operations. I would say anything and everything is on the table at this point. 

51 minutes ago, 2Pacalypsenow said:

Hahaha man you need a role model.

Ah, gotcha. So, you don’t have an answer, only insults? That’s fine. No one takes you seriously anyway, Rass. 

Your mom should have swallowed. Unfortunately, we all have to deal with the consequences of that whore’s actions. 

15 hours ago, Nash said:

I’m assuming ownership wanted this mess cleaned up.. I also assume they know what the plan is , including sucking for a couple of years as long as the team plays hard and shows improvement during the season

The difficult thing about that is the team is desperately trying to sell PSLs to fund the new stadium and sucking for a year or two is not a good business model for healthy sales.

51 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

At one point, someone ( I believe it might have been Vrabel) was asked about RT's status and they said Tannehill was in the building every day working and they expected him to be our QB next season. I suppose all that could have changed during contract negotiations and RC becoming fully involved in everyday operations. I would say anything and everything is on the table at this point. 

Granted that the original claim from this buffoon's article had already been rescinded but it always seemed off for multiple reasons. I still think the "has decisions to make" referred to their negotiations ... was just trying to come up with a reimagining of things where retirement was actually on the table.

Titans need to tread carefully with the Byard situation.   

Byard is the consummate team player and represents everything NFL teams look for:  he ranks among the best in the league at his position,  he's  consistently productive year in and year out,  he's been incredibly durable and has never missed a  game in seven years, and he's been an exemplary high-character player since day one....a perennial team captain and one of the team's most vocal and respected leaders.   In a nutshell,  Byard checks every box for what teams want players to be.   

After the whole AJB fiasco last offseason.....making Byard a cap casualty this year could send a message to other players that the Titans organization simply isn't willing to pay for elite talent, regardless how well you perform, how durable you are, or how much leadership you provide.   

At the very least, it would show players that even after doing everything the team asks of you year in and year out.....in the the offseason, you're just another cap hit the team has to manage.   Until the inevitable day where they  decide it's easier to just take you off the books entirely.

22 minutes ago, nine said:

Titans need to tread carefully with the Byard situation.   

After the whole AJB fiasco last offseason

Byard is 30 and has a massive cap hit for a non impact position. It's nothing like the AJB situation.

He's in his last year for sure

I know Byard's position on paper isn't valuable but it's not like he's a box safety. He affects the passing game in a major way and most importantly he consistently creates turnovers. On a team that struggles to score like ours turnover differential is key. Surely this skill-set isn't as unimportant as people seem to imply. It's also not like you can just grab another young, ball-hawking safety in FA like you would a RB.

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

I know Byard's position on paper isn't valuable but it's not like he's a box safety. He affects the passing game in a major way and most importantly he consistently creates turnovers. On a team that struggles to score like ours turnover differential is key. Surely this skill-set isn't as unimportant as people seem to imply. It's also not like you can just grab another young, ball-hawking safety in FA like you would a RB.

Which is why I suspect Byard will remain on the 2023 roster