Stillman says Byard has requested his release from the Titans

BudsOilers

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If "impending retirement" is a dumbass way to say he's getting older, I'm banning the next douche who posts one of that guy's tweets.

Titans fans in 2022: "This roster is old, over-paid, and way too injury prone. We have to tear it down completely"!   *Ran cuts most of the old, over-paid, or injury prone players*  

I'm mad as fuck. I want Carthon gone 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

Remember what RC said:. RT has a football decision to make and personal decisions to make.

If he was going to retire then wouldn’t he have announced by now? 

Waiting so long puts the team in a major bind. 

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

If he was going to retire then wouldn’t he have announced by now? 

Waiting so long puts the team in a major bind. 

It saves more cap space if he retires post June.

An announcement now might tip their draft plans.

12 minutes ago, ctm said:

It saves more cap space if he retires post June.

An announcement now might tip their draft plans.

It could make sense if he and the team know but it's just not announced. It would be pretty bad if he was still deciding.

Seems like a hard thing to keep under wraps though. A decent amount of people have to know by now, but I guess it's like Vrabel, Ran, and ownership.

If by the draft there's no news on any kind of extension/talks and there was no news about trading him or even really news about his status with the team from either his camp or the Titans... It does become a pretty fishy situation.

Edited by Titans279

Ran said something once about "Ryan had decisions to make" and I always assumed that related to a contract offer and negotiations. One could imagine it meant he was considering his actual future and whether or not to play, then you link that with frustrations from the year before and seeking counseling to say maybe there's been some hint that he's just feeling close to done.

But I'd still be surprised, borderline shocked. It seems the least likely option between playing on deal, getting new deal, trade and retire.

The decision may be harder than just retirement.  If he decides to play, he will be traded.  Now his family will have to move to a new city and adjust.  Does he want to go through that to continue to play football?  I am sure that is what the hold-up is.  Either way, Tannehill will not be in a Titans uniform again.

4 minutes ago, Righteous said:

The decision may be harder than just retirement.  If he decides to play, he will be traded.  Now his family will have to move to a new city and adjust.  Does he want to go through that to continue to play football?  I am sure that is what the hold-up is.  Either way, Tannehill will not be in a Titans uniform again.

Doesn't he still 'live' in South Florida?

1 hour ago, ctm said:

Remember what RC said:. RT has a football decision to make and personal decisions to make.

That is not what RC said in the various times that he's spoken about Tannehill....and if Tannehill was contemplating retirement, he likely would not be at the facility every day nor would the team have kept him in the loop on the OC direction....

But in the extremely remote event Tannehill was contemplating retirement, Carthon completely botched the vet QB market....

Edited by BudsOilers

2 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

For those that might not have read the article. 776D3705-3200-4E8F-B546-00D8C11DB028.jpeg.4854e4b5a14d6cd5a0c573c6d4428147.jpeg

He's changed it now so that it says "impending release, according to rumors." Not that it makes it more accurate, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm gonna go ahead and say fuck this guy.

Screenshot_20230318-140622.png

BTW you folks clinging to Dov Kleiman.....his "article" is now updated....https://brobible.com/sports/article/titans-ultimatum-paycut/

The situation with Byard is just one of many challenges facing the Titans this offseason. The team is also dealing with the impending release of quarterback Ryan Tannehill, according to rumors. As well as the uncertain future of star running back Derrick Henry, who suffered a season-ending injury late in the 2022 season.

Now its a release....and Henry missed the end of the season in 2022!

Just now, rns90 said:

I don't think the team is run by morons so if there were any inclination of Tannehill retiring they would have been more proactive in the vet qb market. 

Of course but the dumb fucks on here are clinging to anything that is ABT.....