I refrained from posting last night to compose my thoughts. All I will say in regards to the game is I am very proud of the team and believe our window is open. We went conservative and got our asses kicked, hopefully this sticks with Vrabel for some time and he adapts. We shall see. Here is how I believe we move forward:
1) Resign Tannehill. He’s a great QB who has made the throws. The team has to use him more going forward.
2) Resign Henry. For obvious reasons. He’s the perfect complement to Tannehill.
3) Let Logan Ryan walk. You can’t pay a slot corner what he will make and he was exposed a lot with Butler out. Hooker will improve and can play that role or you can look for another in FA or Draft.
4) Let Conklin walk. He can be replaced in FA or the Draft. He’s a mediocre player and doesn’t deserve the money he will get.
5) Defense, Defense, Defense. I am perfectly fine with every single FA dollar we spend and draft pick being spent to make the D better (outside of a backup for Henry and a RT obviously). Robinson has shown the ability to move up and get a player if he wants them, if it gets past pick 16 and a defensive playmaker is there, go get them. We need help on the Edge and CB badly.
6) I’m not sure if he hits FA, but we need to be parked outside of Matthew Judon’s house this offseason. He would be a huge addition. I also would not be surprised to see us go after Clowney if he is free.
7) I would not be at all surprised to see us trade Corey Davis and draft a replacement. An ideal scenario would be a team looking for a WR that could offer either an Edge or CB via trade. Either way, Davis was a bad pick and has not adapted to the NFL game. He can’t separate and he doesn’t fight for the ball.
Lastly, we have plenty of cap space to add to this team and we need to defensively. This will be the biggest offseason of Robinson’s career. Handle that and make the adjustments (coaching adjustments as well) and we will be back with a SB chance next year.