Ryan Clark: Derrick Henry Has "Late Play Bravery," Doesn't Run the Same Against Big Boys

Jonboy

3 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Did anyone notice during the Texans game when Henry was standing next to Watt.?There was little size difference lol. I seriously wonder if Henry's stats show smaller than his actual size. 

I hope Henry sees this commentary, it will only fuel him more. Everyone has seen how to embarrases the nay sayers..

As long as Henry doesn't David Boston himself. Being a little bigger is fine.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mike Tomlin to Ryan Clark right now...      

The look on all of their faces as he kept going was like...  

I live in Steeler country, and want this win in the worst way.  

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, japan said:

I’m sure the Ravens front 7 thought similarly last year. And since when doesn’t it count when it’s late in the game? 

He’s just an idiot who couldn’t get his point across. He was saying the only time Henry is mixing it up and bullying people is when he gets to the second level or outside, which is obviously stupid as fuck as he ran through 3 defenders on the OT TD just this past Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Clark is an ex-Steeler. Don't forget that. I'd really love to see us kick their ass.

I don't watch much espn but Clark is usually decent when breaking down game play. Clearly he's showin bias here but it was on that stupid hot take show so who knows, maybe he was asked to spice it up a little. Either way I doubt this affects the game much. The Steelers know they are facing a top 3 offense and they know Henry is a monster if he's allowed to get his shoulders parallel to the line of scrimmage while picking up steam. The Titans know they are facing the best defense they may see all year and will need to be at their best execution wise to win.  

Henry is huge, but he's not a traditional bowling-ball power runner who comes in low and hard and plows through people.    He's a relatively upright runner who takes a couple steps to get up to full speed;  if a DL can get to him early before he establishes momentum, his strength is somewhat neutralized.

He often starts games slowly.....but as the game goes on and those big 300 lb. DL start to wear down, they lose a step and aren't penetrating into the backfield as frequently.    And without that penetration, Henry becomes absolutely dominant.   And the more he runs, the stronger he gets.

Henry is one of the most dominant and feared running backs of his generation, and his production speaks for itself.     We'll see how the Steelers fare against that so-called "fake bravery" this weekend.

I agree with him that Henry is far more finesse than people assume.  He's not trucking over front 7 players like Watt and Aaron Donald....... - it's DB's like Ramsey, Thomas, and Norman.  Henry, since the QB switch, has been consistently dominant but it's not in the same way that Jim Brown and Earl Campbell did it.

That's all Clark really said.  Hopefully Henry throws Fitzpatrick and company aside on Sunday.