Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

heyitsmeallen

Just now, Starkiller said:

For what it’s worth, not all “guaranteed money” is actually guaranteed. We’ll have to see the details but it could be that he has a roster bonus that he won’t actually be around to collect next year. 

Does it even really matter? We’re not cap strapped this season. He’ll be retired when we need the space. 

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, I miss the good ole' days when we carried 60 million + of cap space into the season with a roster riddled with holes. 

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of

Wake is just a one year rental to bridge the gap for the youth to step up. Doesn’t affect the cap long term overall and can play to start the season.    Seems like an ideal signing as spendi

3 minutes ago, Huston said:

He wont need to play a lot of snaps and is a better pass rusher at 37 then Morgan and Rak combined last year.

Oh yeah, He’s most definitely a better pass rusher than Those two. Anything over a year of production from him will be gravy. 

1 hour ago, AvgJoe said:

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of talent to the roster, and has led the franchise to its first three straight winning years since being in TN in jeopardy.

He's reaching, the L's have taken their toll.

Edited by Huston

22 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Wow...this is surprising. No doubt Wake can get after the QB, but I do not think he has ever played in a 3-4 defense. 

Our DL coach may know him well though from his time in Miami.

The Dolphins ran a 3-4 in Wakes 1st 3 or 4 years in the league.  

6 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Wake is just a one year rental to bridge the gap for the youth to step up. Doesn’t affect the cap long term overall and can play to start the season. 

Seems like an ideal signing as spending big on Houston would tie up money beyond this year. 

Clearly we’re setting ourselves up to take the best DL or LB at 19. Or even move up to get who really want. 

JRob has shown he'll go get a player he covets too. Wouldn't be surprised if they target someone and moved up to get him. 

He is way more proven then a guy like Shaq Barrett, I didn't realy give him a thought because I expect the to sign a multi year starter but he is great value for one years and anything after that is still a bargain.

I don't think JRob is in any real danger any time soon. He's still firmly riding the "instilling a culture" phase and I think is still riding an obvious improvement in team success since he joined.

The lax nature of the franchise that allowed Fisher to exist hasn't really changed, and JRob is far from wearing his welcome out.

Panacking lol.