Jamalisms

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s bigger for Levis than a draft pick slot

does Kelly mix up a few stiff ones on the flight home?

How about giving the offensive line some credit?  Levis had time almost all game.

Posted Images

Someone actually pointed out another incredible part about the comeback.  They score two td's in a span of 53 seconds.  Meanwhile they take forever on other drives and settle for FGs.

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The fact Vrabel ran 3 times straight with 3 TOs and 2 minutes left in the half was one of the worst showings by a coach I've ever seen. They literally handed the ball back to the Dolphins without attempting to score points. 

To then turn around and throw the ball down the field with 28 seconds left was honestly  bizarre and shows a problem in the overall philosophy. It feels completely reactionary. Vrabel is trying to micromanage the game to a degree I don't think even Belichick would try. That's his problem and he was lucky to get bailed out by Levis going God mode the last 5 minutes. 

That part was weird to me.  I just assumed that he deferred to Kelly on that second drive because I fully expected a run or two or a kneel down.  I have no idea how you can just try to run off the clock on that one drive and then do the opposite with 28 secs and in a worse situation.

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The fact Vrabel ran 3 times straight with 3 TOs and 2 minutes left in the half was one of the worst showings by a coach I've ever seen. They literally handed the ball back to the Dolphins without attempting to score points. 

To then turn around and throw the ball down the field with 28 seconds left was honestly  bizarre and shows a problem in the overall philosophy. It feels completely reactionary. Vrabel is trying to micromanage the game to a degree I don't think even Belichick would try. That's his problem and he was lucky to get bailed out by Levis going God mode the last 5 minutes. 

Miami was getting the ball at the start of the 3rd quarter. A quick 3 and out leaving them with all their TOs and a lot of time is a recipe for them to score twice and put the game out of reach. Just about every coach who has the ball in negative territory in that situation is going to implement a similar strategy of trying to get  the first first down with some runs and then go to the hurry up. Had they not gotten the holding penalty, I guarantee they would have picked up the pace and aired it out. 

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Someone actually pointed out another incredible part about the comeback.  They score two td's in a span of 53 seconds.  Meanwhile they take forever on other drives and settle for FGs.

That part was weird to me.  I just assumed that he deferred to Kelly on that second drive because I fully expected a run or two or a kneel down.  I have no idea how you can just try to run off the clock on that one drive and then do the opposite with 28 secs and in a worse situation.

I'm obviously not a Vrabel hater, but he had no choice. Hopefully he sees the advantage of being more aggressive in the future. I don't expect that immediately, because even in his post game presser he kinda reluctantly said "it didn't have to be that way." Which, to his credit, it didn't. 

Just now, No1TitansFan said:

Miami was getting the ball at the start of the 3rd quarter. A quick 3 and out leaving them with all their TOs and a lot of time is a recipe for them to score twice and put the game out of reach. Just about every coach who has the ball in negative territory in that situation is going to implement a similar strategy of trying to get  the first first down with some runs and then go to the hurry up. Had they not gotten the holding penalty, I guarantee they would have picked up the pace and aired it out. 

If Vrabel did some of the stupid shit these people want him to do, they would say the same shit for different reasons. I think they have penis envy.