Titans v Dolphins Gameday Thread

Jamalisms

15 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Spears still way more efficient

And he got more touches except at the goaline where Henry is really good. This is the way the carries should be split, give them both opportunities and go with the hot hand for most of the time.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s bigger for Levis than a draft pick slot

does Kelly mix up a few stiff ones on the flight home?

How about giving the offensive line some credit?  Levis had time almost all game.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, rns90 said:

That's what makes him so frustrating.  It's not like he's a horrible coach (like Wiz).  He does this stuff and then comes back and gets  overly conservative.  It's like two different coaches.  Jekyll and Hyde.

Something about it has to do with his concept of control and his need to impose his will. I'm not sure what to think about it. It's all really strange. He gets credit for the team still being completely amped up to play tonight. He also gets credit for improvement by Levis. 

The fact is though that the in-game coaching did its best to lose a game we dominated. 

16 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I'm genuinely interested to see what the analytics say about it but not to judge Vrabel. He put the ball in the rookie's hands and sent a message across the sideline that this game is far from over. I'm not sure what effect it had, but I do think it had one. 

Sometimes end outcomes are better than any science or mathematic algorithms. It worked out. It was a gutsy move. 

Now, I just wish he would be that aggressive more often. Going into run run run punt mode and then airing it out doesn't make sense. Running Henry and Spears into brick walls didn't make sense. Running on literally ever second and 10 doesn't make sense. 

Haven't checked it, but I'll bet they threw on 1st down more than running by a fair margin in the 2nd half. No offense, but you just seem to be predetermined to defend a stance you have taken at all costs.

Edited by No1TitansFan

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

They aren't that far away but it just requires Vrabel to change.

FFS, find a damn returner.  Like a legit one.  This has been an issue for years.

And quit neuteruing the qb by predictably running on 1st or 2nd down.

What's Mariani doing? I'd pay him 1mil to just fair catch every punt.

11 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Haven't checked it, but I'll bet they threw on 1st down more than running by a fair margin in the 2nd half. No offense, but you just seem to be predetermined to defend a stance you have taken at all costs.

My stance on Vrabel is one of the things I care least about. Him throwing on first down more has been discussed quite a bit. My problem is that he runs on every single second and ten. It's a wasted down. He's overly reliant on ball control. He refuses to be aggressive in the passing game except for some scripted deep plays until he's forced to do so. 

Tell me with a straight face we win that game unless Levis plays out of his mind the last 5 minutes in a completely opposite offense to what we ran the first 55 minutes. We didn't win because of in-game coaching. I've already given credit to him, multiple times, for the team coming to play their asses off as well as development from Levis. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

My stance on Vrabel is one of the things I care least about. Him throwing on first down more has been discussed quite a bit. My problem is that he runs on every single second and ten. It's a wasted down. He's overly reliant on ball control. He refuses to be aggressive in the passing game except for some scripted deep plays until he's forced to do so. 

Tell me with a straight face we win that game unless Levis plays out of his mind the last 5 minutes in a completely opposite offense to what we ran the first 55 minutes. We didn't win because of in-game coaching. I've already given credit to him, multiple times, for the team coming to play their asses off as well as development from Levis. 

You're operating under a base line assumption that he is on his headset overriding Kelly on every 2nd down call, lol.

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I'm not. It's been the same consistent conservative play calling over 4 different coordinators now. 

Say whatever you want, but I think Kelly called a hell of a game that resulted in a road win against a hot team where they were a 13 point dog.

8 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Say whatever you want, but I think Kelly called a hell of a game that resulted in a road win against a hot team where they were a 13 point dog.

Overcoming 3 wtf TOs one of which was a pick 6 and another gave them the ball inside the 10 yard line. And you want to persist in criticising the coaching side of it.

Edited by No1TitansFan

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I will continue to note Vrabel's faults as a coach. They handed them the W and the rookie bailed them out. If you don't agree I don't know what to tell you. 

And yet Vrabel's alleged intrusive nature on the defensive side of the ball that held the dominant Miami O in check for a majority of the game outside of short fields because of stupind offensive TOs deserves no aknowledgement.

1 minute ago, No1TitansFan said:

And yet Vrabel's alleged intrusive nature on the defensive side of the ball that held the dominant Miami O in check for a majority of the game outside of short fields because of stupind offensive TOs deserves no aknowledgement.

You know what  FU if you can't see that Vrabel had a positive impact on the outcome of last night's game, it's that simple.

3 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

...I've said repeatedly the defense played their best game. They also took out Hill. 

1 minute ago, No1TitansFan said:

You know what  FU if you can't see that Vrabel had a positive impact on the outcome of last night's game, it's that simple.

I like it when you join into the fray. I don't see it often. I've said repeatedly Vrabel deserves credit for the game. I called us winning this game before the season and also after the 2-4 start. I also said Vrabel deserves credit for Levis developing. His in-game management was atrocious.