Ravens Week Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

37 minutes ago, tgo said:

It may soon be time to play Compton in the Evans role and give him the headset. Could also help clean up some of the communication problems. 

Evans is usually a liability of late. Just plug him in on goal line. 

I’m sorry but no. Compton is terrible. He was lost the few games he played this year. That’s why he’s not valued ahead of guys who can play special teams. We have to bite the bullet and play with what we have, it’s way to late to make changes and if we did it would have been done by now. I still think the biggest thing that will offset this is just score points. The chiefs defense was bad last year but they out scored teams. They were down in the playoffs twice to us and Houston because of how bad heir rush defense was. So, out score teams and the defense will get better . 

Edited by Stan

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evans/Brown/Long have all regressed since Haslett took over the ILB group this season.

Calias just got back to me.  He said, after consulting with his pal Earl Thomas....he's decided to rest his leg another week.

It crazy how similar our message boards are with where our teams are trending.   If Brandon Williams and Calias are out, I don't see Ravens having a shot, unless you guys want to pull a GRoman move an

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I’m sorry but no. Compton is terrible. He was lost the few games he played this year. That’s why he’s not valued ahead of guys who can play special teams. We have to bite the bullet and play with what we have, it’s way to late to make changes and if we did it would have been done by now. I still think the biggest thing that will offset this is just score points. The chiefs defense was bad last year but they out scored teams. They were down in the playoffs twice to us and Houston because of how bad heir rush defense was. So, out score teams and the defense will get better . 

Compton can’t run but he isn’t “lost.” He is essentially another coach out there and likely the smartest player on the team. 

The reason I said that is because the entire communication regime on the defense is fucked and I dont know whether it is Evans or Brown to blame for it, but one of them has the green dot and it isn’t working. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Compton can’t run but he isn’t “lost.” He is essentially another coach out there and likely the smartest player on the team. 

The reason I said that is because the entire communication regime on the defense is fucked and I dont know whether it is Evans or Brown to blame for it, but one of them has the green dot and it isn’t working. 

LMFAO

44 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

LMFAO

He should have said the smartest linebacker on the team but other than that he is not wrong. On the bussin with the boys pod casts everyone who has played with him has said he knows everything in meetings. But smarts only go so far. Physical talent without smarts never works. Smarts without physical talent makes you get a roster spot but does not mean you are gona be good.

I think they brought him back for the simple reason that he knows the system and can help the younger guys. Would he be better than Evans? The fuck if I know at this point. Evans has all the tools to be very good and we have seen it but he is playing so bad right now it couldn't hurt to give him a chance. 

Being smart doesn’t mean shit if you can’t cover or tackle or play. That’s why he’s not starting. There’s guys who are film nuts but can’t play a lick, then there’s guys who live off ability only and struggle you need a mix of both. Right now I think the communication errors are definitely on the staff. Woodyard was one of the best at getting guys set last year as was Logan Ryan along with a great coach in Pees. We’re just missing that leadership and it shows up this year. Woodyard was replaced but he still was capable of playing and was a smart linebacker. Ryan was the one of the smartest corners in the game and that’s why Pees trusted him with coverages and blitzing the QB. We lack leadership, Byard and Evans have been disappointments. I think those 2 have been the weakest links on defense. 

7 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

What is Evans doing here? I understand he is shooting the gap and ALMOST gets there but you have to play assignment football. The DL and Brown would’ve shut that gap for a minimal gain. Him jumping in that gap leads to a 15 yard run.

7 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

I mean come on Evans, wtf is this? That is Browns gap. Maintain yours.

Also shoutout @Superhorn for these cut ups. 

I really haven't been watching the linebackers much though I have been seeing people talk about how bad Evans has been playing. But when you see this shit you gotta think the fucker needs Jesus or something. This is 6th/7th round rookie bad.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Evans/Brown/Long have all regressed since Haslett took over the ILB group this season.

When London Fletcher use to play under him he would change the defensive play calls because he was that bad.  That he also lacked attention to details

• Jonboy unpinned this topic