Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

heyitsmeallen

2 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Here is to hoping most GMs think like @AussieTitanFan08 does and passes on Dexter Lawrence so that he falls to us in the 2nd round. Brian Burns @19 aand Dexter Lawrence @51 would be monsterous.

I'm far from the only person that has concern about Dexter Lawrence, see Brugler/Jeremiah/The Draft Network guys, they have all questioned the wisdom of taking a NT in the first round.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, I miss the good ole' days when we carried 60 million + of cap space into the season with a roster riddled with holes. 

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of

Wake is just a one year rental to bridge the gap for the youth to step up. Doesn’t affect the cap long term overall and can play to start the season.    Seems like an ideal signing as spendi

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I'm far from the only person that has concern about Dexter Lawrence, see Brugler/Jeremiah/The Draft Network guys, they have all questioned the wisdom of taking a NT in the first round.

I would be ecstatic with Dexter Lawrence in the 1st and Jachai Polite in the 2nd.  Forget the underwear olympics, Polite is dominant and plays with violence off the edge.

Just now, Righteous said:

I would be ecstatic with Dexter Lawrence in the 1st and Jachai Polite in the 2nd.  Forget the underwear olympics, Polite is dominant and plays with violence off the edge.

It isn't just combine workout with Polite, there are a tonne of off field concerns with him, major question marks about his commitment to put the work in to be an NFL player.

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

You guys still wondering about the money?

itans agreed to terms with OLB Cameron Wake, formerly of the Dolphins, on a three-year, $23 million contract.

Considering Wake just turned 37, it is unlikely he actually sees all three years of the deal, but it does include $10 million guaranteed. Wake is not a long-term fix for the Titans' pass-rushing issues, but he remains an excellent rusher who should more than adequately fill the hole opposite Harold Landry in the short term. Even with Wake on board, it would not be surprising if the Titans selected a pass rusher early in the draft.

Everybody always freaks out when they see these contract numbers, especially for an older player.  These deals are almost always structured to give the team an out.  Is this guy going to make a big impact at this age?  Who knows?  I think I'll bank on Pees being able to figure out how to use this guy.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

It isn't just combine workout with Polite, there are a tonne of off field concerns with him, major question marks about his commitment to put the work in to be an NFL player.

Players have shown up overweight and unprepared to the combine before.  He will learn.  I like football players and he is a football player.  

1 hour ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I think we go pass rusher at 19 for sure now. I was hoping we took care of that need in FA with a sure fire starter, but instead J Rob decided to go with managed snaps rotational vet in the twilight of his career guy in Wake. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitching, this approach could work. I just know that we still need that big NT in the middle that can stop the run and push the pocket making life hard on Nelson and company up front when we play our arch nemesis. Here is to hoping most GMs think like @AussieTitanFan08 does and passes on Dexter Lawrence so that he falls to us in the 2nd round. Brian Burns @19 and Dexter Lawrence @51 would be monsterous.

Quality and quantity and spread the snaps. Long season. Keep them fresh. 

JR is building a roster for 19 games. Not 16

Looks like Wake played on 44.9% of snaps last season, but he also missed 2 games due to arthroscopic surgery on his knee to remove some cartilage.

The normal timeline for recover from that surgery is four weeks and it only took him 2 which seems good. He immediately came back and played 58% of snaps in his first game back.

If you just look at the games he played in he played 54% of the snaps.

7 minutes ago, Face said:

I don't get how so many are dying for Z'Darius Smith & are upset with this. Wake is an absolute monster & didn't slow down a bit last year. This is a great signing.

Seems like Robinson finally agreed with us that you have to spend big time money in the first couple of days. I stilllove how the contracts are being setup. He’s not only solidified both sides of the line, but he’s added 3 play makers, secured a good backup guard, and brought back a safety who fits perfectly in the scheme. He knows the way the roster is built if Marcus can get his shit together we are contenders. 

9 minutes ago, Face said:

I don't get how so many are dying for Z'Darius Smith & are upset with this. Wake is an absolute monster & didn't slow down a bit last year. This is a great signing.

It’s because he is older and and not the flashy big name. 

On paper, this has been a SLAM DUNK off-season for JRob so far. 

If this is him in “panic mode,” then maybe that imaginary hot seat should always be hot.