Week 2 Game Thread: Titans @ Seattle

IsntLifeFunny

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 2nd half D performance was damn good. 

Think about all that went against them.  The Lewan injury in pregame.  The Tannehill fumble.  The overturned Jones TD.  The Brown drops.  The missed FG.  The safety that wasn’t.  Andrew Catalon in the

Posted Images

Kudos to the Titans.  This was a hard fought game with plenty of demoralizing moments, but they kept fighting anyways.  

I guess the coaching staff gets some kudos here.  They get their deserved flack, but this team hasn’t just laid down since Vrabel took over.  So, kudos to staff for that.  We’ve won a lot of hard fought games, sometimes seemingly insurmountable, but they pulled it off.  

As long as that will is still part of the team, we have a shot at any game.  

38 minutes ago, TItansPDO said:

You havent refuted anything I, and most of the message board,  have said.  This isn't rocket science at all. The Titans were running into consistent brick walls on first down throughout the first half, which directly led to the strip sack on 2nd and 10 off of playaction. Even so, the Titans somehow still moved the ball during the first half, but couldn't break through in the redzone, resulting in field goals.

Once the playcalling opened up to passing  a little more often on first down to start the second half, that is when Henry took off in the running lanes later in the game. It also allowed Tannenhill to have success in the intermediate passing game on first down.  One fed directly off the other. 

I'll have to watch again but seemed they were being more balanced in the first half.  I felt like they came out in the second forcing the run a bit but it started getting some chunks.

Titans were the better team  IMO.

Which was nice to see after last week's performance.  They leaned on Seattle till they broke.

Seattle was living off splash plays and taking advantage of home field.

I think Titans Report continued desire to finally have a superstar QB is clouding the fact that they have a HOFer level running back.

This is the same forum that thought Zach Mettenberger could be the guy. Which is a joke for anyone with eyes. Tannehill is good and sometimes great but I always sense a desire to see him get more credit than Henry. It's baffling and hilarious.

We treat 180-yard games like they're nothing around here.

Henry was already establishing himself as a force before Tannehill. He had 238 and 170 yard games with Mariota under center. 

Does Tannehill make his life easier? Of course he does. But considering HOW BAD Mariota is/was you'd hope that. No RB can do much with an absolute shit QB. 

Tannehill was traded here for a 4th round pick. Dumped for barely anything. He went from below average to above average in a run-first offense that doesn't force him to do the heavy lifting until necessary. Although he's shown he can do it in spurts. We all agree he's not at the level of a Mahomes or Wilson or Rodgers etc. The "chicken salad" QB who makes wild plays after everything breaks down. We've seen on a lot of occasions when things break down it's a dead play or a sack. That's the difference.

Henry is a chicken-salad running back. As we've seen today. At some point he'll make a wow play that defies the parameters of the playcall. Tannehill just doesn't do that as much.

I agree with @Mythos27 that they compliment each other. But  Tannehill is not better, that's like saying Matt Ryan is better than Julio Jones.

Henry is the best player on the team. Tannehill exploits the opponents fear and focus on him at a high level.

Edited by big2033

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

They really have to get Evans healthy or start giving Sargeant involved more. 

Saying that, it was crazy at the end of the game he seemed to be the only player on the field who wasn’t winded. 

Oh make no mistake - they’re going to ride him like a rented mule until his legs fall off. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They really have to get Evans healthy or start giving Sargeant involved more. 

Saying that, it was crazy at the end of the game he seemed to be the only player on the field who wasn’t winded. 

I just wonder if Mcnichols is that much better in pass pro than Sargeant. Because from what I’ve seen, Sargeant is the second best runner on the team atm. Sorry Evans. 

6 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I think Titans Report continued desire to finally have a superstar QB is clouding the fact that they have a HOFer level running back.

This is the same forum that thought Zach Mettenberger could be the guy. Which is a joke for anyone with eyes. Tannehill is good and sometimes great but I always sense a desire to see him get more credit than Henry. It's baffling and hilarious.

We treat 180-yard games like they're nothing around here.

Henry was already establishing himself as a force before Tannehill. He had 238 and 170 yard games with Mariota under center. 

Does Tannehill make his life easier? Of course he does. But considering HOW BAD Mariota is/was you'd hope that. No RB can do much with an absolute shit QB. 

Tannehill was traded here for a 4th round pick. Dumped for barely anything. He went from below average to above average in a run-first offense that doesn't force him to do the heavy lifting until necessary. Although he's shown he can do it in spurts. We all agree he's not at the level of a Mahomes or Wilson or Rodgers etc. The "chicken salad" QB who makes wild plays after everything breaks down. We've seen on a lot of occasions when things break down it's a dead play or a sack. That's the difference.

Henry is a chicken-salad running back. As we've seen today. At some point he'll make a wow play that defies the parameters of the playcall. Tannehill just doesn't do that as much.

I agree with @Mythos27 that they compliment each other. But  Tannehill is not better, that's like saying Matt Ryan is better than Julio Jones.

Henry is the best player on the team. Tannehill exploits the opponents fear and focus on him.

I mean yeah, anyone who actually thinks Tannehill is a better QB than Henry is a RB is ridiculous. A lot of the Tannehill stuff is overcompensating for the fact that it doesn't seem like he ever gets credit. Even on a day like today, when he throws for over 300 with multiple drops he's overshadowed by Henry. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic