How Brilliant Does The Decision to Rest Henry Look Now?

Jonboy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously. This run probably isn’t possible if Vrabel doesn’t make the move to rest Henry vs the Saints. 

Yes, I posted in the Vrabel thread his handling of Henry and Jackson were excellent.    I really do think Vrabel is super smart and understands the big picture extremely well   Des

5 minutes ago, PhinFan1968 said:

And for the cherry on top, you look at Henry during/after the game, and he's showing no signs of fatigue.   Looks fresh and ready to roll.  KC/Hou gotta be going, "WTF....."

There was a quote from one of the Ravens DL who said he felt powerless against Henry, like there was nothing he could do to stop him. Said he was a run like he’d never seen before. 

Just now, JoelinBellevue said:

It really wasn't brilliant. He had a hamstring issue. He's still not 100% but good enough. He got caught last night for the first time I can remember.

Yep.  I’m pretty sure that’s the first time Henry’s ever been caught from behind in the open field like that. 

1 minute ago, nine said:

Yep.  I’m pretty sure that’s the first time Henry’s ever been caught from behind in the open field like that. 

Earlier in the year he was clocked at 20+ MPH... past few games he's peaked in the 18s.

Question is the hammy still a small issue OR... does he simply have tired legs at this point in the season. If we can make it to the SuperBowl, may GOD have mercy on the souls that will have to play against a rested Henry....

Vrabel started the year rocky with some questionable decisions but the staff as a whole has really turned it around and I love his aggressive style.  I don't agree with everything, probably never will, but he's earned some trust, especially since the run where he's had a starting caliber QB to work with.  

5 minutes ago, reb9000tn said:

He got hit pretty well last night. Stuffed a few times. Couldn't make the goal line on the sweep. Credit to the Ravens for having a tough D. Credit to Henry for being tougher.

To be fair on that goalline sweep he most likely scores the TD if the 2nd defender hadn’t came from behind and literally lifted his leg off the ground to remove his momentum. It was a very smart play from the defender.