AFC Championship Week: Titans @ Chiefs

Jonboy

15 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Weather underground forecasts 24 as high at game time. 10 to 11 MPH winds which is the speed where it starts to affect passing. 

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/mo/kansas-city/date/2020-1-19

Same link now shows a forecasted high at 20 degrees at 2:00pm and the forecasted wind speed  is now 11mph  The forecast at 4:00pm is 19 degrees and 12 MPH winds.

This article was from a year ago before last year's AFC championship game.  https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/6274575-patrick-mahomes-worst-fantasy-stats-come-in-cold-weather-games-similar-to-afc-championship-forecast  It highlights that at that time, Mahomes' worst games were all the coldest games he played. 

From article - and again last year not the most recent season:

Edited by 9 Nines

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way, I just want to mention how good it feels to get to experience this with the most hardcore and loyal Titans fans out there that make up this place. We've been through thick and thin here. W

Feels good, man.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Oh for sure. That's why it was a great call, they still crossed the line from within the rules though but doesn't bother me

Simmons hit was late and should have been a foul. Nothing else sticks out to me.

12 hours ago, Stan said:

One thing working for us is we all know sports is rigged when it comes to ratings. We had the highest rated playoff game in history of football last week against the ravens. People love underdogs, people love rooting for underdogs. So if it’s true I’m sure the NFL would love to keep this train roaring. For once I think the NFL wants to see this it’s good for ratings so we might benefit from some iffy calls once again. 

In the history of football?  The game in the same time slot in the same round just a year earlier was higher rated lol.

50 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Simmons hit was late and should have been a foul. Nothing else sticks out to me.

Nothing sticks out to me either, I just remember that seemingly every hit on the guy was specifically towards the helmet

I'm not saying it was dirty, just that the refs called the game very loose but we played it much closer to the line of a penalty than the Ravens did so it was more in our favor

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

BS. If it was Tannehill we'd be throwing a hissy fit, it happens but watch the game again and tell me there was only 1 non-call

The refs let it play out, just because we did it doesn't mean were some cheating team, but to act like we didn't try to tip toe that line of legality is nonsense, we crossed the line just simply not enough to have people lose their shit on sportscenter

Tannehill is a pocket QB. QB’s who run 15-20 times a game will not get the same calls. That’s all I’m saying. 

In regards to the Ravens game, I didn't see any hits on Jackson that should have been called a penalty.   Maybe a late hit in there in one of the sacks.  There was one hit that stood out where we tackled him and the shoulder pad got him good on the helmet.  He stood up wanting his arms in the air for a penalty but that was a legit hit.  If a QB is going to make his living as a running back you can't give him special treatment in regards to full on contact.  If refs protected him more during the regular season, then his rushing yards are not legit.

Interesting information on the metabolic and physiological tax on our bodies in the cold.

Articles about cold and athletic performance: https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/how-cold-weather-changes-the-game-for-football-players-2/433233

https://www.coolantarctica.com/Antarctica fact file/science/cold-weather-sport.php

-increase risk of dehydration.  Moisture loss in breath overcomes less moisture lost in sweating, combined with the lack of thirst in an cold  environment, increases dehydration.

-Fast and slow twitch muscle fiber workload blur.  Fast twitch fiber must do more of the core work, and fire as much as slow twitch muscle for normal workloads, as the body copes with heat loss.  This increases lactic acid production which causes higher demand for oxygen.  This leads to quicker oxygen depletion causing a deficiency that will all of a sudden hit the body, demanding to be paid. 

- Body conserves heat for the inner core,  letting the outer regions, especially in arms and legs pay the cost.  This slows muscle reaction both in muscle activity and the signals the brain sends and receives from this.  One loses about 1/2 the muscle reaction time per 10 degree celsius drop in temperature. 

This should lead to the players getting more fatigued and hitting the wall for physical performance quicker.   Also it should slow down passing offenses as all the players becomes a little slower and less quick.

If Titans can keep the game close, Henry could go wild in 2nd half when the Chiefs defense hits that wall. It would not be shocking if he was getting 5+ yards at will toward the end of the game. 

Edited by 9 Nines

19 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Weather underground forecasts 24 as high at game time. 10 to 11 MPH winds which is the speed where it starts to affect passing. 

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/mo/kansas-city/date/2020-1-19

Forecast even lower now:  18 degrees at game start and winds +1 MPH at 12.   Feels-like will be at 5 degrees. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic