Players throwing a bit of shade at Mariota?

10 A See

I don't think it was shade, but they're obviously happy with the change. We're a passing team now. Instead of blocking assignments and low chance of getting the ball, EVERY receiver has to be ready on every play to catch and run. 

We will see how much they appreciate this confidence he has when things go wrong. He's not gonna say "I've gotta be better." He's gonna call these players out even if he gives the press the G rated version.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You cannot be serious with this shit.    Mariota is a 5th year veteran. He doesn't have any fucking learning to do, he just sucks ass. 

I'm not usually that guy and I'm a bit surprised due to his personality but Corey Davis was 100% throwing shade. Dude is sick of wasting his life away on a QB who never gives him a chance to make a pl

Just now, Jonboy said:

I only caught part of it but I hard Fouts say something about a player saying Tannehill threw much harder than MM. Did anyone catch the player he was talking about?

He didn't name the player, but he said that Tannehill threw it harder and quicker. 

16 minutes ago, tgo said:

He was seriously one of the 5 worst QBs in the NFL easily. 

Someone tweeted the other week how Mariota was the #4 starting QB in a division that had two backups starting.

I think that was too kind. He might be the #3 QB on this team. I'd wager there are 7 other QBs in the division that are better than him. I assume he'll be out of the league pretty soon.

Davis had 22 targets going into the Denver game which put him in the mid 60s for # of targets. He's had 5 against Denver ( I believe 4 of them where after RT came in) and he had 7 targets yesterday. Of course he's happy with the QB change. RT will feed his playmakers and give them opportunities to make plays. I said it yesterday, Mariota never understood what NFL open means.  

3 minutes ago, cenj said:

Someone tweeted the other week how Mariota was the #4 starting QB in a division that had two backups starting.

I think that was too kind. He might be the #3 QB on this team. I'd wager there are 7 other QBs in the division that are better than him. I assume he'll be out of the league pretty soon.

I think it's a real possibility he retires after the season ala Locker.

21 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

“He knows where to go with the ball, I’ll tell you that,” said Corey Davis, who had six catches for 80 yards and a touchdown.  

“Some of the time you’ve got to just give a guy a shot,” Davis said, “see if he comes down with it.”

IMO it's a direct indictment of the things many were/are saying Mariota wasn't doing. He's speaking with the relief of a man who just finalized a divorce with a total psycho and finally got himself a decent woman. 

It’s a nothing burger!!!