10 A See

Players throwing a bit of shade at Mariota?

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The problem is as he struggled badly the last few years any and every excuse was made to cover for him.

What you call "excuses" other folks call factual reasons. I can't recall another QB in at least the last 20 years being asked to overcome so much bullshit & adversity to start a career than Mariota was, let alone overcome it and thrive. But he didn't and that's that.

You got what you wanted. The pineapple prince is done here and we'll be moving on from him soon enough. The least you could do is acknowledge the Titans had at least an early hand in it not working out, but you won't do that because it would involve admitting to being wrong about Mularkey. When we fired Whisenhunt the biggest mistake this organization made was staying with Mularkey. 

But whatever. Mularkey is gone as many think he should be and Mariota will soon be gone as many think he should be. A new object of praise/ire will present themselves for the fans to bitch back n forth over soon enough. And on and on it goes.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

What you call "excuses" other folks call factual reasons. I can't recall another QB in at least the last 20 years being asked to overcome so much bullshit & adversity to start a career than Mariota was, let alone overcome it and thrive. But he didn't and that's that.

You got what you wanted. The pineapple prince is done here and we'll be moving on from him soon enough. The least you could do is acknowledge the Titans had at least an early hand in it not working out, but you won't do that because it would involve admitting to being wrong about Mularkey. When we fired Whisenhunt the biggest mistake this organization made was staying with Mularkey. 

But whatever. Mularkey is gone as many think he should be and Mariota will soon be gone as many think he should be. A new object of praise/ire will present themselves for the fans to bitch back n forth over soon enough. And on and on it goes.

Blah blah blah...yet the Pineapple Clown's best year came under Mularkey. 

Pretty sure David Carr had crappier circumstances than Mariota.  There probably is more I just don't feel like thinking them up.  Maybe Carson Palmer.

16 hours ago, XanderMXIX said:

I have been harsh of Mariota, but I will miss him. Such an awesome guy 

He is but he is so not interesting that my gf couldnt even tell you whixh ball is a football would get dry if I mentioned him

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

Blah blah blah...yet the Pineapple Clown's best year came under Mularkey.

I'd argue that an offense opponents didn't have much film on yet, a DeMarco Murray on his last best legs who was just as effective catching the ball out of the backfield as he was running between the tackles, and a Delanie Walker posting the 2nd in 3 consecutive pro bowl seasons went a longer distance toward giving Mariota those career best stats than Mularkey's "genius" offensive scheme did.

Pretty sure David Carr had crappier circumstances than Mariota.  There probably is more I just don't feel like thinking them up.  Maybe Carson Palmer.

Palmer played the first half of his career for the Bengals. May not have been the most ideal team to play for, but he didn't exactly have uncertain circumstances while he was there. In 7 years he missed only 15 games and 12 of those came in one season and the other 3 was in his rookie year. He also had the same HC, OC, and 2 of the best receivers in the league all 7 years he was in Cinci. Other than playing for a team owned by cheapskates his circumstances/situation was absolutely nothing like Mariota's so I don't get that comparison at all.

And I'm thinking you meant Derek Carr? If you meant David Carr then maybe he did... but we all saw how his career went playing behind that god awful Texans OL in those early expansion years. Not really a solid point for the argument you're making. As for Derek, I don't see how his circumstances were worse or even as bad as Mariota's outside the similar leg injury.

Reasons/excuses/whatever.    Call it what you will....it doesn't matter.

The bottom line is, the coaching staff can't rely on Marcus to show up on Sunday and perform at an acceptable level or execute a gameplan.

17 minutes ago, nine said:

Reasons/excuses/whatever.    Call it what you will....it doesn't matter.

The bottom line is, the coaching staff can't rely on Marcus to show up on Sunday and perform at an acceptable level or execute a gameplan.

Tim Hasselbeck basically said that Mariota is uncoachable.  He likened the dud games that he has to Winston's INT issues or fumbling issues from a RB.  Things which should theoretically keep a player off the field.  

I do think there's some truth that his consistent inconsistency makes him uncoachable.  Everyone can point out to a play or game where MM did it perfectly.  The problem is that it was few a far between.

If you look back on all of his issues, they were there day 1.  He clearly was coached to do it right and sometimes he did.  When he struggled, it was usually because he had sloppy mechanics or was gun shy.

The coaches (three different ones) couldn't count on him to execute plays properly.  It's actually kind of amazing that they have done decently while trying to work around it for so many years.

It was not coaching, it was the player.

8 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I believe the words you’re looking for are “poor poor Mary, noones ever had it as hard as poor poor Mary”