Titans 2019 OTAs

Jonboy

6 hours ago, big2033 said:

Lol wrong again. I have never been a Packers fan. You're thinking about the eyepatch guy, Jamalisms ... not me.

You're getting me mixed up with different posters.

I think he meant that abc guy, not Jamal.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good little bits of information on the offseason program so far on today's OTP   - Amani Hooker is already taking reps with the 1st team defense and not looking out of place doing so.

This entire offseason and every thread is going to be a referendum on Mariota isn't it?

Lol.    Everyone knows if it was the opposite happening, you’d be grilling Mariota for not playing as fast. 

Posted Images

19 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Half of this is flat out false but either way no one wants you on their side. There is a reason for that.

Guess who the majority now agree with concerning MM

its all true and you know it. 

and i dont care if im one of millions or the only one. its never been a need of mine unlike you.

... and of course mariota could fail. almost all professional athletes "fail" when the task is becoming the elite of the elite. it's likely he doesnt become an elite QB. so what? its strikingly easy to say someone is going to fail... congrats for taking the easy road once again!

Edited by titanruss

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

What are the odds Mariota is on PEDs? Absolutely has to stay healthy, put on 13 lbs of mostly muscle in just a few months. 

We're talking about potentially 10s of millions on the line. 

If there was ever a scenario for an NFL player to get on PEDs Mariota is that case

I’d say just about every position player in the league is on roids. I know these guys are genetic freaks but it just isn’t possible to be, say, 6’1 240 ripped, natural. 

I havent seen what Marcus looks like but if it’s all muscle there’s a great chance he juiced. 12-13 lbs of lean muscle in 3-4 mths is ALOT to gain. Especially for a guy whose been lifting pretty hard for awhile.

I can also totally see a GH cycle considering all the injuries. I’d do the same exact thing if I were him.

Remember when Peyton was dealing with the neck injury back before he went to Denver, when the  package of GH that was delivered to him was intercepted? Lol, it was in his wife’s name. Suuuuuuure.

3 hours ago, Face said:

I’d say just about every position player in the league is on roids. I know these guys are genetic freaks but it just isn’t possible to be, say, 6’1 240 ripped, natural. 

I havent seen what Marcus looks like but if it’s all muscle there’s a great chance he juiced. 12-13 lbs of lean muscle in 3-4 mths is ALOT to gain. Especially for a guy whose been lifting pretty hard for awhile.

I can also totally see a GH cycle considering all the injuries. I’d do the same exact thing if I were him.

Remember when Peyton was dealing with the neck injury back before he went to Denver, when the  package of GH that was delivered to him was intercepted? Lol, it was in his wife’s name. Suuuuuuure.

Uh yes you can be 240lbs and very lean naturally.  You might not be able to put on 12-13 lbs of lean muscle but you can absolutely put on that much weight and then convert it to muscle pretty easily as you go over the 7-8 months between offseason and start of next season, even going into the season.  You don't need roids for that, especially if you've been purposefully lean for a while.  

He might be 10% bf instead of 8% by doing it that way.  Whoopty doo.  

I see guys do stuff like this all the time.  It's not even that big a deal.  Right now I'm super lean because I've been running 50 miles a week and lifting weights.  If I wanted to pop back up 15 or 20 lbs, it would take me two weeks and a good portion would be muscle and then I could convert the rest of the fat back into muscle pretty easily because I've been that weight before.

Now if it's 12-13lbs of NEW muscle on a guy who's lifted to be as strong and big as possible, then no, of course, that's not possible.  It would take years.  That's not really what's happened here though.  

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

If I wanted to pop back up 15 or 20 lbs, it would take me two weeks and a good portion would be muscle

I was with you all the way until you posted this

No you(or anyone) could not gain 15-20 lbs in two weeks with most of it being muscle. You couldn't even do that with PEDs. Also although I believe I know what you mean but you don't convert fat to muscle. Fat cells muscle cells etc.....

If I really had to guess on Mariota I'd say he trained to lose the weight previously and likely worked out in a way that kept him leaner(I listen to his trainer on a podcast btw). Since the season ended he likely slowed down on the cardio type stuff and focused more on strength training and taking in more calories. 

He didn't gain 13lbs of muscle, he likely just naturally got back to a more natural weight for his size/age. 

The PED speculation was really more about what a prime candidate he is for taking them with so much on the line 

3 hours ago, Face said:

I havent seen what Marcus looks like but if it’s all muscle there’s a great chance he juiced.

There was a pic last season of him with no shirt on, he was def not on the juice! It was discussed on the board a little bit. He had a spare tire and was pretty flabby. 

Keep in mind, two punters have failed tests over the last few years. I wouldn't say all players are on PEDs but it's def 80%+ imo

I don't think it would benefit most QBs aside from guys trying to recover like Manning. 

I'd also guarantee Brady is on PEDs. First of all Edleman failed a test and uses Brady's trainer and I think his whole workout regime is a front for using PEDs. Avocado ice cream my ass!

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I was with you all the way until you posted this

No you(or anyone) could not gain 15-20 lbs in two weeks with most of it being muscle. You couldn't even do that with PEDs. Also although I believe I know what you mean but you don't convert fat to muscle. Fat cells muscle cells etc.....

If I really had to guess on Mariota I'd say he trained to lose the weight previously and likely worked out in a way that kept him leaner(I listen to his trainer on a podcast btw). Since the season ended he likely slowed down on the cardio type stuff and focused more on strength training and taking in more calories. 

He didn't gain 13lbs of muscle, he likely just naturally got back to a more natural weight for his size/age. 

The PED speculation was really more about what a prime candidate he is for taking them with so much on the line 

Okay, it wouldn't be MOSTLY muscle but it would definitely be pretty easy to gain the weight and then, gain muscle, and lose fat over the course of several months.  I worded it poorly but you knew what I was talking about.

I absolutely believe he's trained in a way to lean down.  He probably gains significant weight every offseason and then trains hard to lean back down as he moves into training camp.  Like I said, this stuff isn't that big of a deal because Marcus isn't the typical athlete you think of when you think about putting on weight like this.  13lbs of muscle would be a HUGE jump if he'd never been 240lbs before but I would find that difficult to believe.  It's also very likely that just because he's put on 12-13 lbs that it's not 100% lean muscle mass.

I agree about the PEDs though.  It has to be tempting given the situation.  

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic