Nashville

prometheus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am so f****ng proud of my city, my hometown.   A city is people who love it and are proud to call it 'home'.  I came from Miami in 1964 to attend grad school at Vanderbilt.  From a big city to a big

I'm from Chatt. Can I be proud too?

5 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I must admit, my city has shown its ass! Great turn out. I'm so proud. Now we just have to keep opposing fans out of OUR STADIUM. 

That will occur when we bring the fans back by consistently contending for the top. I don’t blame fans for selling their tickets while we struggle. It’s a lot of money to wear a paper bag over their heads when they can watch the disappointment at home. 

Nashville looked awesome!  It looked like a progressive city with a lot going for it that loves to have fun.  The draft is going to attract more people to visit and move here.  I got to thinking about some of my relatives who are no longer here and how they could not begin to imagine the transformation of Nashville.  We've come a long way since the airlines used to call beat up shopping bags Nashville Samsonite.

I have mixed emotions about our growth.  A lot of the beautiful tree lined neighborhoods are being demolished to build two two story shotgun houses on the properties.  They are cutting down the trees and the houses they are building are not structurally advanced to the ones they tear down.  They pay big prices to homeowners to get their homes, but we are forced to move away from the city.  Our home.  

My son says, "Dad, these houses were not supposed to last forever."  But right now, they are our homes and we still want to live in them.

1 hour ago, prometheus said:

I am so f****ng proud of my city, my hometown.   A city is people who love it and are proud to call it 'home'.  I came from Miami in 1964 to attend grad school at Vanderbilt.  From a big city to a big town in the middle of what I heard described as the Bible Belt.  No liquor by the drink.  Stores closed on Sundays.  Interstates just starting to be designed and built.  Only known for the Grand Ol' Opry, and then largely in the South.

What a change in the past 58 years.  Now also known as the 'It City'.  People flocking to join the growth (too many imo).  Great dining, although I don't recognize most of the names.  NFL. NHL.  SOCCER.  BASEBALL.  COLLEGE SPORTS ACROSS THE STATE.  But my city stands out among the other great cities and towns in the great volunteer state of Tennessee.

I am proud.  So very proud.

pro

It's great to hear you say that. My family has been here a long time. My mother's side grew up in Nashville, my father's side in Rutherford Co. I have roots here over 200 yrs. 

GMFB is live with Taylor Lewan from Tootsie's Orchard Lounge, which is an historic honky-tonk on Broadway.  It's a must visit for Nashville.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tootsie's_Orchid_Lounge

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/article/13036132/how-tootsies-orchid-lounge-helped-change-country-music-and-nashville-in-just-50-years

Delanie Walker has joined the show.

Edited by ctm

Been watching GMFB all morning. Out on a food run now.

I have definitely been thinking of a move to Nashville more and more. And Vanderbilt is a fine school (thinking about graduate schools and how far I feel like moving the family).

Anyway, it’s been amazing to watch the city and be also proud as a Tennessean.

Lewan and Walker giving props and respect to Arthur Smith.

J. Casey now joining the show.  Talking about how he's thrilled to have Simmons next to him.

Tracy Atkins on set and performing.  This is how Nashville rolls.

Edited by ctm

34 minutes ago, lilkhmerkid4u said:

I'm from Chatt. Can I be proud too?

Chattanooga is a cool town man.  Love the alpine slide out there and a pretty cool zoo.

Nashvegas really shined this weekend and the people of Nashville deserve a lot of credit.  Also, the recent Mayors and Governors.  I really feel like, as a state, we've had really good leadership for a while when compared to the rest of the country.