Preseason Week 2: Bucs @ Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

NFL preseason football is absolutely painful to watch. 

If there is anything to take from this mess, its that MM is going to be throwing a lot of short passes and a bunch of horizontal routes.

As for the defense, I'd still like to see us sign Eric Reid for a bit more veteran depth in secondary.

And Taywon Taylor and Dion Lewis both look explosive.

Thats about all I got out of those three hours.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems pretty clear Vrabel isn't concerned about getting vets playing time in preseason. Works for me.

Landry has done more in two preseason games than Dodd did in his entire Titan career.

Taylor hit the afterburner!  

2 hours ago, ctm said:

PK said this week that he thought Taylor was the most improved player on the team.

That's the best news I've heard all camp. If he can play like his potential (how he played in college) then watch out.

1 hour ago, GoodToGo said:

Like I said in my post, if he can acquire the traits I mentioned, the sky’s the limit. I simply don’t think he can do it (mentally) based on his first three years here. And when I say mentally, I don’t think he’s the least bit dumb. I just don’t think he can change based on what I’ve seen. I think he’s a bit skittish in the pocket and that hinders him, among other things. Great college player who couldn’t adjust to the NFL. 

In the end, as a fan, all I want is a SB win. I don’t care how we get it. But I will criticize what I feel deserves criticism. Coaches. Players. Concessions. Whatever. I call it how I see it. That’s all I can do. 

I don’t have any problem with you having an opinion and you have some valid reasons for feeling that way. I’m going to be patient and see how he develops.  Two years with this bunch, Then we see. He’s in his third coach. I don’t think MM and Robiskie are who you want to develop a young QB. 

LeFleur appears to be doing a very good job of designing and calling plays that emphasize players' individual strengths.   He's calling plays that get the ball out quickly....putting the ball into the hands of his playmakers and letting them do what they do best.

It's also worth noting that Delanie Walker or Rishard Matthews have yet to play in preseason, but both will have very significant roles in the offense.     Here we are,  talking about the big picture and trying to figure out how the whole puzzle fits together....and we know for a fact that two huge pieces are missing.

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

We haven't seen LaFleuer's offense yet

Yeah you have to assume that based on practice reports and the other shanny systems. So far here, no rollouts really, very little play action. Most passes from shotgun. No pistol. Ran hurry up in the first quarter. Lois more like the old manning colts offense at this point. 

They are just using the game to practice things and put some stuff on tape. 

32 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

We haven't seen LaFleuer's offense yet

We obviously haven't seen "the system", so to speak...but I think we're already seeing some of the foundation and core philosophy.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic