Titans Head Coaching Candidates (Confirmed Interviews: Vrabel, Wilks, LaFleur...)

Jonboy

Lafleur has been credited for Goff's development but he's young, 38.  He didn't call the plays, McVay did.  Not a great speaker which could lead to problems if you wana leader of men type coach.  rams fans don't wanna see him go though.  This one's tough bc when McVay was hired, he was well spoken unlike Lafleur and had a vision of exactly how he wanted to run the rams and goff.  Is Lafleur like that?  ionno.

Defilippo is an excellent qb coach.  seems more commanding than Lafleur but young too, 39.  

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope we interview DeFillipo. Everything I’ve read or watched on that guy has been incredibly impressive. 

Can I have him? Please, can I? You'll never have to walk him, I swear!      

Since the day he was hired.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

The defilippo vid was awesome. Hes only 39 but has coached Derrick Carr and Wentz the past few years. May have to pull the trigger early becuase he wont last as an OC here if Mariota takes off.

I don’t know if he’s the HC type. He’s a pure Xs and Os guy right now with limited exposure to anything else. That video was fucking awesome though. Put him and Mularkey in a debate and watch as one gets shamed off the stage. 

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t know if he’s the HC type. He’s a pure Xs and Os guy right now with limited exposure to anything else. That video was fucking awesome though. Put him and Mularkey in a debate and watch as one gets shamed off the stage. 

Robiskie would destroy him. Lol.

Coach Flip is the man! Ive been talking about him for awhile now. Got a chance to meet him while he was coaching at San Jose St. He knows his shit. I wouldnt mind having him jump to HC. If he is our OC he is likely a HC in a year or two. Sucks for the Eagles that they could lose their OC and QB coach this off season.

Edited by CaliTitan3518

4 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Reported to interview:

Mike Vrabel (Texans DC)

Steve Wilks (Panthers DC)

Matt LaFleur (Rams OC)

Rumored Interest:

Josh McDaniels (Patriots OC)

John DeFillipo (Eagles QB Coach) 

Frank Reich (Eagles OC)

so of that list... who has called plays before?

Mike Vrabel (Texans DC) has... serious question, does he have concussion issues?

Steve Wilks (Panthers DC)has....  is he good, is it talent, or is this rooney rule?

Josh McDaniels (Patriots OC)... great schemer and playcaller but he's had it the easiest of any coordinator in history. 

did these guys call plays?

Frank Reich (Eagles OC)? Super devout christian guy who nashville would love... but has he ever actually called his own plays?

John DeFillipo? i guess he called plays that year in cleveland? decent statistical turnout for the guys who he had rotating at QB

Matt LaFleur?.... decent history with QBs but has he done enough to warrant a HC job? Rumors are he doesnt call plays and only has 1 season as an OC. Is it his offense?

5 hours ago, scine09 said:

I wonder how long Robinson spent thinking about this.  It certainly wasn't since the press conference yesterday.  I bet this has been in his mind for weeks if not months.

hopefully he's been on this since he took the job. 

I haven’t seen any mention of Jim Bob Cooter (As Head Coach or OC).  I think he is worthy of consideration  and may be out in Detroit if Patricia wants to bring his own guy in. 

Wilks Is my preferred option.  But obviously a major consideration of all of these head coaches, (particularly the defensive ones) is which coordinators they plan on bringing and what offense they plan on running.

11 hours ago, scine09 said:

I wonder how long Robinson spent thinking about this.  It certainly wasn't since the press conference yesterday.  I bet this has been in his mind for weeks if not months.

There were rumblings at one point last year that Robinson was unhappy with the offense, then it seemed to get better and it quieted down.