Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

OILERMAN

22 minutes ago, big2033 said:

We have other seasons where he didn't play well ... jesus.

Overall, Mariota hasn't been good. Statistically and Objectively.

Mariota needs to play extremely well over a season to change that narrative.

Just like Jameis Winston. 

Pretty simple.

And Mariota has only played one game this season so far. His stats are better than his gameplay for sure, but you can’t discount that. 

Realistically, no one really knows what the barometer is at for Mariota. Did I like what I saw today from him? Not really. I’m closer to being in the camp of wanting a new QB than I am sticking with him. His mechanics are still bad and the big time miss was awful. BUT, he did what he had to do against a good Cleveland defense. He didn’t shit the bed and actually did decently well. 

Still, the inconsistency is bothersome. But STILL, he has only had one game so far this season. Let the season play out. 

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

248 and 3TDs.   Mariota just rammed his fist up Omans ass and turned him into a hand puppet.  

After re-watching the first half and rewinding plays several times....I feel a lot better about Mariota's performance.   I'm not saying it was a Mahomes-esque showing or anything....but compared to pr

mariota left about 4 plays on the field today and came away with 3 TDs and no TOs and no even close to INTs mayfield threw a TD to the other team, took a safety, fumbled on a sack, threw 3 picks,

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I answered the question. We didn't have a lot of passing yards so you can't brag about YAC lol.

That first pass to Brown could've been a TD if properly throw. AKA more YAC.

lol... absolutely i can. we didnt throw a ton.... but much of the yards came in YAC... so your point is moot for this game. 

i'm sure now you'll say that he only got the yards he did get because of YAC.. 

which you already did with an excellently thrown and executed screen pass. 

and fuck no that first throw couldnt have been a td. he was getting hit in the goddam kneecaps. it was a great throw under the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, StephenIsLegend said:

And Mariota has only played one game this season so far. His stats are better than his gameplay for sure, but you can’t discount that. 

Realistically, no one really knows what the barometer is at for Mariota. Did I like what I saw today from him? Not really. I’m closer to being in the camp of wanting a new QB than I am sticking with him. His mechanics are still bad and the big time miss was awful. BUT, he did what he had to do against a good Cleveland defense. He didn’t shit the bed and actually did decently well. 

Still, the inconsistency is bothersome. But STILL, he has only had one game so far this season. Let the season play out. 

Nobody knows what the future holds but what we've seen thus far from previous seasons to present paints a pretty obvious picture.

We have to accept that.

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

lol... absolutely i can. we didnt throw a ton.... but much of the yards came in YAC... so your point is moot for this game. 

i'm sure now you'll say that he only got the yards he did get because of YAC.. 

which you already did with an excellently thrown and executed screen pass. 

and fuck no that first throw couldnt have been a td. he was getting hit in the goddam kneecaps. it was a great throw under the circumstances. 

You're really delusional. It was a screen pass ... lol LOW BAR.

QBs with arm strength can make that throw. Mariota can't. He sails it.

19 minutes ago, titanruss said:

no ones braggin, dipschnitzel...

take out the 75... how was the YAC today?

The ones most critical of Mariota's #'s the last couple years are the same ones dismissing his numbers today.

The Goldilocks syndrome is real. "This porridge is too hot, this pass is too low, this game had too many touchdowns to match the actual performance" etc

45 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Imagine him doing this every game this year.

It'll be the worst 40 touchdown season in league history.

You are so close to getting it.

If he plays like he did today it's very unlikely he would have 3 touchdowns per game. We won't have 75 yard screen passes every game or short fields set up by 2 INTs leading to 34 and 35 yard touchdown drives (DH run, DH run, scramble/penalty, 11 yard TD pass; and DH run, DH run, DH run, 7 yard TD pass).

This game was awesome. I loved it. I hope we can somehow luck our way into a Super Bowl with superb defense and a gritty offense. But it's pretty unlikely in today's NFL.

Mariota is mediocre.  Winning with Mariota means making opposing QBs mediocre. This defense has proven to be good enough to do so against average QBs.  So far, we haven't been able to do so against elite QBs.  Simmons is an addition that can pressure elite QBs.

The division is ripe for the picking.  Defense and Henry both travel well in the winter.  This team could get better by the end of the year.  You don't waste that shot just to try another mediocre QB.

Tannehill will get his chance, but this team isn't fucking around.

27 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

You are so close to getting it.

If he plays like he did today it's very unlikely he would have 3 touchdowns per game. We won't have 75 yard screen passes every game or short fields set up by 2 INTs leading to 34 and 35 yard touchdown drives (DH run, DH run, scramble/penalty, 11 yard TD pass; and DH run, DH run, DH run, 7 yard TD pass).

This game was awesome. I loved it. I hope we can somehow luck our way into a Super Bowl with superb defense and a gritty offense. But it's pretty unlikely in today's NFL.

There's nothing to get. It's not about the particulars or circumstances of this game. I was making a joke about how meaningless people are acting like the numbers are. Check out Nine's post above mine on this page.

People are completely forgetting the fact the oline was missing two starters, 3 if you count Davis as a starter. The Browns defensive front is serious and they were out for blood. They got a little, but not much because, as Nine's pointed out, MM didn't let them have it.

No, 75 yard screen plays won't happen most weeks. But that's not the point. It's about playing the opponent in front of you and getting through whatever they might throw at you. To some those 248 yards and 3 TDs may not mean anything, but Mariota earned every bit of them.