Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

OILERMAN

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

248 and 3TDs.   Mariota just rammed his fist up Omans ass and turned him into a hand puppet.  

After re-watching the first half and rewinding plays several times....I feel a lot better about Mariota's performance.   I'm not saying it was a Mahomes-esque showing or anything....but compared to pr

mariota left about 4 plays on the field today and came away with 3 TDs and no TOs and no even close to INTs mayfield threw a TD to the other team, took a safety, fumbled on a sack, threw 3 picks,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, japan said:

Yeah, I agree.  Regardless of what I think about Mariota's performance, I still enjoyed this win.  Gotta be able to separate the two.

We've had a hell of a lot worse under center than a game manager since Mac left town. MM made some good throws and didn't turn the ball over and we got a key road win. There are NFL QBs that made a good living doing exactly that.There are NFL QBs with SuperBowl rings that did the same thing. 

1 minute ago, cenj said:

I've maintained that Mariota gets this season to state his case. I've gone back and forth -- I was against the pick initially and one of his biggest critics after his first season because I saw major issues that I thought people were glossing over (due to his stat line and big games BTW). After season 2, I came around because I saw growth -- he looked more accurate, he made strong throws outside the hashes, and I thought "OK, maybe he can develop." Then the offense went into old school conservative mode and he regressed season 3, and spent season 4 injured all year, leaving question marks as to what was due to health vs. what was due to lack of ability. I need this season to see how much of last season was on Mariota (injury, personnel, etc.).

Mariota had a statistically good game, and yet I think less of his passing ability. The game was a blast and I'm in a great mood; I'm also worried about Mariota going forward. Sorry, but it is what it is.

Agreed. I still wonder if there are some lingering issues with past injuries. I don't think he's ever regained the arm strength he had in season 2 and that's why he tries to finesse some of those throws instead of firing a laser in there. 

9 minutes ago, cenj said:

I've maintained that Mariota gets this season to state his case. I've gone back and forth -- I was against the pick initially and one of his biggest critics after his first season because I saw major issues that I thought people were glossing over (due to his stat line and big games BTW). After season 2, I came around because I saw growth -- he looked more accurate, he made strong throws outside the hashes, and I thought "OK, maybe he can develop." Then the offense went into old school conservative mode and he regressed season 3, and spent season 4 injured all year, leaving question marks as to what was due to health vs. what was due to lack of ability. I need this season to see how much of last season was on Mariota (injury, personnel, etc.).

Mariota had a statistically good game, and yet I think less of his passing ability. The game was a blast and I'm in a great mood; I'm also worried about Mariota going forward. Sorry, but it is what it is.

This is a good perspective. This win was impressive and there is a TON of talent on this team. Unfortunately, our team talent is not at QB. How much can we carry our QB? With a solid QB performance (meaning taking advantage of well schemed/routine plays) we have a chance to beat up a lot of teams.

But I don't know if things can keep lining up this way for a whole season.

Edited by big2033

2 hours ago, japan said:

Yeah, I agree.  Regardless of what I think about Mariota's performance, I still enjoyed this win.  Gotta be able to separate the two.

I agree but the separation is more likely between accepting who/what Mariota is (and, in turn, downplaying any positives as we saw today) versus the labels/narratives some have placed upon him. Mainly to position themselves to tout their superior intelligence & the inevitable "I told you so" diatribes (which, likewise, will inevitably flood this site after the Titan's 1st loss). I mean...I personally haven't seen a single post where anyone has...even remotely...called Mariota an "ideal" or "elite" quarterback. So, given that no one is arguing this, one can certainly conclude that the sole purpose for the vitriol against MM (which, now, has led to individual definitions of how a QB's success should be measured) is to, sadly, give a stoke to their own egos...   

Edited by enigma

1 hour ago, Tomachek said:

We can't enjoy a win unless Mariota completes 100% of his passes and scores on every pass thrown!

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

Even that wouldn't be enough

Nope, it wouldn't.  Then all we would hear is:

"Ah shit, now we're stuck with him."

1 hour ago, Tomachek said:

We can't enjoy a win unless Mariota completes 100% of his passes and scores on every pass thrown!

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

Even that wouldn't be enough

every completion would be analyzed for positioning and speed of arrival. 

56 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Agreed. I still wonder if there are some lingering issues with past injuries. I don't think he's ever regained the arm strength he had in season 2 and that's why he tries to finesse some of those throws instead of firing a laser in there. 

i think he has issues with his plant foot he broke after year 2. had doesnt have the pushoff power he used to there... could be mental or he could maybe find a way to relax the tension and subconscious protection of that foot. 

15 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

This will beat the Browns, but will get you beat 35-7 by the Pats in the playoffs.

We made them look bad in Nashville last year. A lot of the playoff loss had to do with home field advantage and a guy named Tom.

Edited by freakingeek

3 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

So what happened to that sexy mamajama on the other team?  Were his 3 INTs (and the others that were dropped) starter or backup caliber?  What's his excuse?  I know.  His OL.  No, no... the OC.  Probably his elite WRs.  

It doesn't matter.  Alpha-dawg Bak just LOOKS like a QB.  Mmmm-hmmm... those tight spirals to our DBs really show off his arm.

Mayfield was picking us apart at times before the safety. When they weren’t busy shooting themselves in the foot with penalties or struggling with bad protection after their starting LT got ejected, their O was looking pretty good.

Then on the safety, their backup LT got hurt and Mayfield injured his throwing hand. Not enough to leave the game, but if it was bad enough to take xrays then it had to affect him. His 3 INTs all came late trying to play catch up.

Mariota had the better fantasy football numbers but only a total homer would think he is a better passer than Mayfield.

1 minute ago, JoelinBellevue said:

The Pats secret has always been to win the division and get home field advantage. I think last year Belichick gave Vrabel a hometown gift.

Former Pats assistants have a good record against the Pats. They know how Belichick works better than anyone. Both the Titans and Lions beat the Patriots last year, and it wasn’t a coincidence.