Titans linked to Lock?

BudsOilers

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah...that is a real possibility..Mariota is probably why LaFluer left or at least that is a possiblity.  It's also possible that you are an idiot.

Good god Blake.  Thank god they didn't promote his dumb ass to GM when they canned Webster.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Yea, I'd rather pass on that kid and re-sign one of the other scrubs we have to a big contract.   Smart.

Now I'm not sure JRob gives the farm to move up and get one of these QBs but he certainly needs to consider the pick if one is close or drops to us.

Our QB situation is crap long term. 

We can actually cut Mariota for any reason besides injury up to the start of the season.  So we could actually wait until after the draft and if we do pick a guy like Lock cut Mariota and peg Tannehill as the stop gap starter.  Now it starts to make sense why they signed Tannehill. 

Mariota's base salary became FULLY guaranteed on March 13th.  Prior to that, it was guaranteed for injury only.  It makes him untradeable unless a team picks up some of that and the Titans eat the rest - like Miami did with Tannehill ironically.

https://overthecap.com/player/marcus-mariota/3850/

I like it.  We need our own Luck or Watson to keep up in the division.  Mariota and Tannehill can keep us afloat and probably play quite well with the right pieces.  But injury, money, as well as the ability to elevate this offense and team are all questions.  If we think Lock is special, we have to take a chance.  This is a perfect situation for a rookie QB to develop.