Titans Uniform Unveiling Thread (Update with uniforms and poll!)

Jonboy

Favorite Color  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which uniform color is your favorite?

• Navy (home)
    • White (away)
    • Light blue (color rush)
    • Not a fan of them

I'm kinda shocked how much hype this got and how many people showed up downtown (though people in Nashville love any free downtown party -- perfect Instagram material).

Mike Keith trying to upsell the whole thing last night was cringe-worthy. Since when did coming out with a new design necessitate cloak and dagger secrecy and Macworld-esque event fanaticism?

At first I was pretty meh, but now that I've seen more photos I think they look pretty slick (and not very dramatic of a change -- it's still very much the Titans uniform). I saw someone today wearing the new white jersey and it looked way slicker in person. I've seen better designs from random online folks, and considering the time and money spent designing them they could be cooler, but overall I think they look like a nice modern take on the classic uniform. I'm sure there will be slight changes and color switches over the years too; the old jerseys have gone through many smaller iterations.

The numbers also looked much better once I saw them in person. 

Edited by cenj

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really like the white jersey with navy pants. Looks clean af with the new navy helmet. 

Ah. Change. How people do love it.  This is a focus group of every focus group I have ever been through (35 years of people demanding change only to reject anything new).     This was a simp

Posted Images

Love the Columbia Blue Jersey with the white pants, great combo. My second is the navy jersey with the white pants, third is the white jersey with the Columbia blue pants.

My least favorites are all navy, all white and all columbia blue pulling up the rear.

Edited by Tex in a Can

I absolutely shit on the uniform leaks and rightfully so but I gotta say, I am pleasantly surprised by the actual unis. I actually LOVE the new numbers because they're sharp, aggressive, and tie into that greek theme. Not all the uni combos are appealing but enough of them are for me to be very satisfied with the new look. I'll always miss our old our look but the new stuff is pretty cool too. My only real gripe is that at least in the videos, the shade of navy used on the helmet is way too dark. Had the helmets been the exact same color as the navy on the jerseys, they wouldn't contrast as much. Hopefully the look lighter on the field during the day. I also love the incorporation of the sword  and still dig our logo. All in all, the unis are much better than I expected and the asymmetrical "Tennessee tip" doesn't look as exaggerated or bad as I thought it would.

11 hours ago, Somedude said:

With all the dick talk. Just a reminder. Real Greek helmets were supposed to look like a penis.  They don't teach it in High School history class but Greeks and Roman had dick statues, Romans hug small stone dicks in their doorways. The Phallas was everywhere. Egyptians also had their fair share of dick worship. Ancient history is pretty funny.

elmet_54_1.jpg

37.jpg

Yep.   And if you read a biography of the real @Alcibiades, you can learn how he got in big trouble for getting drunk with his buds and smashing the exaggerated dongs off of many sacred statues around Athens.  

2 hours ago, SuperMariota8 said:

i mean, Ross, we’ve only changed once in 20 years....how the fuck is that frequent??

This guy is a choad.  As already shown, the Cowboys have made many changes over the years as have most teams - even if small changes that don't look like much.  

16 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

How many are there?  Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Colts, Chargers, Cardinals...  How many black helmets are there?  Ravens, Steelers, Falcons, Jags.  Silver?  Cowboys, Raiders, Panthers, Lions, Patriots.  There're 3 gold:  9ers, Bucs, Saints.  Blue?  Titans, Giants, Broncos, Texans, Bears, Rams

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Not sure where/when the 93k number popped up, but there’s no way that’s right. Wyatt has tweeted the 20k number so I’m sure that’s it. 

2nd post on pg. 23 of this thread. Unless I'm reading it wrong. It was tweeted out by a news station I think.

Hutton1045 with excellent insider info on #Titans helmet stripe, which is a sword that narrows from to back to front, but it cannot be seen from the front.That gives one less hint to defenders about where QB's eyes are aiming. No look Marcus even deadlier now lol.

Edited by Huston

• Jonboy unpinned this topic