Titans Free Agency Signings/Rumors Compilations

34 minutes ago, VanCityTitan said:

The cliche of winning free agency usually resulting in fuck all during the regular season should really be at the forefront of all our minds however in the grand scheme of things...with what topend contracts in todays NFL command I don't think the teams spending is THAT outlandish. 

The reality is we had almost no players worthy of the payday our FAs and trade targets got.  Again it's the NFL... if you have no players making big money then you probably don't have very good players.  

For my sanity I'm doing everything to keep my expectations at basement level though I do appreciate that AAS and the front office is doing whatever they can to setup Callahan and Levis for success.  

I think it's okay to be excited and have high expectations, it's what should be expected of great organizations. I think they checked all the boxes from the clear vision, coaching and staff assembly and the aggressiveness in FA. I'm all in!!

maybe it doesn't work in the end but they are approaching things in the right way.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So far we have: Re-Signed LS Morgan Cox 1 year, $1,377,500 contract $157,500 signing bonus $1,152,500 guaranteed Re-Signed K Nick Folk  1 year, $3,755,000

This muthafucka is like herpes!

The Titans would be totally justified going OT at 7 and 38

Posted Images

Teams usually look stupid in FA because they play average players on elite contracts, take a great player and ask them to do things that are different from what got them there, or stupidly overpay somebody who had one good season with a bunch of bad work or injuries behind it. 

I don't feel like the Titans have done that at all. Awuzie, Cushenberry, Sneed, Pollard, and Ridley are all good players. Did they overpay? You always do in FA, but I think the contracts are actually pretty reasonable, all things considered.

I am concerned about Murray. I don't think he was a great signing, but I can see how they might use him as a piece. I don't think Joseph is a difference-maker. They still have work to do, but we shouldn't pretend that no team has ever turned it around via free agency. 

I remember the time they had autry, simmonds, Dupree and Landry and still gave up a ton through the air 

whole new philosophy change from trying to run the ball and stop the run to wanting to be able to throw the ball and stopping the pass

35 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Dline was probably the strongest unit on the team in the last couple of years. Now it looks like a spot that needs some help.

Needs to get filled out with depth 

luckily they have two premium positions locked up with Simmons and Landry 

in theory the better the coverage should hide some pass rush deficiency 

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Dline was probably the strongest unit on the team in the last couple of years. Now it looks like a spot that needs some help.

Use that 2nd on the best DT.

Not taking anything away from Big Jeff but imo Autry was the best DT last year on that D line.

24 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Too bad Amy is too poor to sign anybody

Lots of very high society individuals certainly frequent this site.

19 minutes ago, JbgTenn said:

Use that 2nd on the best DT.

Not taking anything away from Big Jeff but imo Autry was the best DT last year on that D line.

But how much of his play was a direct result of the attention Simmons gets? 

5 minutes ago, reo said:

But how much of his play was a direct result of the attention Simmons gets? 

He balled when Jeff was inactive.  B Jeff definitely helps everyone but last year he wasn’t the best DT imo.

16 minutes ago, JbgTenn said:

He balled when Jeff was inactive.  B Jeff definitely helps everyone but last year he wasn’t the best DT imo.

Technically Autry is a DE. 

Simmons plays the 3 in "base" and is the more interior guy in 2 DL alignments. 

Autry is a 5 and the outside guy in 2 down man alignments. 

Idk if they will change that though. Some teams list nose as DT and both the 3 and 5 in a 3-4 as ends.

TLDR, they play different positions even if you call them the same thing.

Edited by Callidus

I don't know how it's that low key  🤣

They got 2 starting corners, starting ILB, starting C, a RB and paid big money to a WR lol

They haven't been subtle. 

Edited by reo