Training Camp Discussion

Concerning Tannehill taking over, people don't seem overly excited because they genuinely think Tannehill is going to be awesome, they're just looking forward to the victory lap they'll get to take if/when Mariota gets benched for him. If you look at it from that perspective, the hype surrounding Tannehill makes much more sense. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Concerning Tannehill taking over, people don't seem overly excited because they genuinely think Tannehill is going to be awesome, they're just looking forward to the victory lap they'll get to take if/when Mariota gets benched for him. If you look at it from that perspective, the hype surrounding Tannehill makes much more sense. 

Every single member of the team has been thrown under the bus in order to make excuses for Mariota.  They deserve justice.  

None of us truly know how long or short the leash is on Mariota in the event he plays poorly.  We can all speculate but I do think it's fair to say it's never been shorter in his time here and the team really hasn't attempted to mitigate that given no long term commitment at QB.

Outside of QB and perhaps RB if Henry is out, this team looks to be pretty good across the board.  The time is now for the team to legitimately contend.  Personally, I don't see Vrabel or Robinson having the season torpedoed due to inefficient QB play for a player neither the GM or HC picked and has pretty mediocre highlight resume.

If they do little on offense and start out 0-2 or 0-3, which is absolutely possible given the schedule, pressure will be on for changes. 

12 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Pretty much every player “thrown under the bus” is not in the league right now. The whole league must be in on it!!!!

To @abc2330 anything less than Aaron Rodgers mvp-level is inadequate for Mariota. He is just holding back Tannehill from being unleashed. 

18 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Pretty much every player “thrown under the bus” is not in the league right now. The whole league must be in on it!!!!

It was a joke.  But every other team in the league world have had top surround the QB with 10 All Pro players to justify the ridiculous amount of bashing that his supporting cast has received.  

Edited by abc2330

14 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

It was a joke.  But every other team in the league world have had top surround the QB with 10 All Pro players to justify the ridiculous amount of bashing that his supporting cast has received.  

Thank God. I didn't even know how to begin to reply to that.

44 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

None of us truly know how long or short the leash is on Mariota in the event he plays poorly.  We can all speculate but I do think it's fair to say it's never been shorter in his time here and the team really hasn't attempted to mitigate that given no long term commitment at QB.

Outside of QB and perhaps RB if Henry is out, this team looks to be pretty good across the board.  The time is now for the team to legitimately contend.  Personally, I don't see Vrabel or Robinson having the season torpedoed due to inefficient QB play for a player neither the GM or HC picked and has pretty mediocre highlight resume.

If they do little on offense and start out 0-2 or 0-3, which is absolutely possible given the schedule, pressure will be on for changes. 

but the truth is if we are sitting at 0-3 our season will have pretty much been torpedoed.  We aint going 10-3 the rest of the way with the chiefs, chargers, colts, saints left to play and we would already be 0-2 in the division.

This doesn't strike me as a season where we can fall behind and then expect to get back into it.  Division is too tough and the schedule is a bitch.

I just think the right thing for the Titans to do is make a decision and stick with it.  If Mariota is having issues in camp then start giving Tannehill a shot...would help to maybe see him with the 1s in pre-season to see what he's got.

I'm sure there is a few scenarios where we could make the switch mid-season and still be a viable playoff team but I think more than likely the season will be lost without some miracle run.

1 minute ago, socaltitan said:

Tannehills previous employer couldn’t wait to get rid of him: if he’s not good enough for the fins, he shouldn’t be for us either.

mariota might not be the answer, but tannehill definitely isn’t 

The Ravens survived Tony Banks and Elvis Girbac. Maybe we can survive these 2? Yeah, I know wishful thinking.

The NFL is a marathon though and not a sprint.  The Titans were 3-1 to start out last season and went nowhere.  The 2002 Titans started 1-4 and made the AFCC.

A poor start doesn't necessarily torpedo the year, regardless of if it prompts lineup changes or not.

14 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The NFL is a marathon though and not a sprint.  The Titans were 3-1 to start out last season and went nowhere.  The 2002 Titans started 1-4 and made the AFCC.

A poor start doesn't necessarily torpedo the year, regardless of if it prompts lineup changes or not.

Statistically speaking it’s pretty close to demise.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic