Titans to Sign Rodger Saffold

SirLanceALot

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not inexpensive, and probably not great news for Jack Conklin in 2020, but a needed upgrade. The draft can focus almost exclusively on defense ... unless they want to take a second bite of the apple in the TE of the future sweepstakes (Jonnu may have been a booboo - though his play before injury was markedly improved).

1 minute ago, code said:

unless they want to take a second bite of the apple in the TE of the future sweepstakes (Jonnu may have been a booboo - though his play before injury was markedly improved).

Unless someone fantastic is there, Jonnu IMO has shown more than enough for us to not fear about immediately finding Delanie's replacement... Especially because wasn't he supposed to be a work in progress?

1 minute ago, code said:

Not inexpensive, and probably not great news for Jack Conklin in 2020, but a needed upgrade. The draft can focus almost exclusively on defense ... unless they want to take a second bite of the apple in the TE of the future sweepstakes (Jonnu may have been a booboo - though his play before injury was markedly improved).

I really do wonder what this means for Conklin. 

@tgo and I have been trying to draw more attention to it. I'd look to trade him now and extend Kelly.

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

@tgo and I have been trying to draw more attention to it. I'd look to trade him now and extend Kelly.

I don't know that they really view Kelly as a starter, Kuharsky doesn't seem to think so when he's spoken about it recently. 

But my god we're going to have the highest paid OL in the NFL next year. 

Although next year, you can easily cut Kline and Jones' contract will be up. 

I personally really like Levin at center once Jones leaves. Maybe draft a guard this year to take over for Kline next year. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

Hard to see them picking up his 5th year option now, no way they have Lewan at $18.2 million, Saffold at $11 million and Conklin at $13 million in 2020

17 minutes ago, Doogie said:

Reading the rams forum to see what their fanbase thought of him. Everyone wanted him back. Cant find anyone bitching about his play. 

He was a ram for 9 years all thru their horrible fisher teams up til now so alot of the fanbase respects him highly.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Hard to see them picking up his 5th year option now, no way they have Lewan at $18.2 million, Saffold at $11 million and Conklin at $13 million in 2020

It's not out of the question. Tackle is the most important spot on the roster behind QB. If you're going to pay big money for players, that's the position to do it at. 

But who knows. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

It's not out of the question. Tackle is the most important spot on the roster behind QB. If you're going to pay big money for players, that's the position to do it at. 

But who knows. 

Conklin would have to return to form after some questionable play post injury. 

They could also resign him prior to the 5th year option and structure his contract more team friendly. Time will tell. This year will be a prove it year for him.