Lewan holding out and not attending mini camp.

heyitsmeallen

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no problem with the players using the leverage they have to get the best deal they can.

Are you 12? OF COURSE business > sport. Players make these owners billions. Why should he risk rendering himself unable to get the most lucrative deal he possibly can just for a minicamp? You think

As I've gotten older I've shifted my stance on this sort of thing. The bottom line is NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and teams fuck over players all the time. I'm not going to blame Lewan for wanting

3 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

trade him

No way in hell they are trading him. Conklin might not be ready for the season so Lewan has all of the leverage. Him and the team both know they want him to be a Titan for a long time. He’s doing this to not risk a severe injury that could impact his contract.

He's gonna get paid and I hope he does.  The guy has such intensity and takes it personally when mm8 gets taken out.  

Besides I blame the agents for all the controversy that happens when players miss otas etc.  When his player gets paid he/she gets paid. 

37 minutes ago, TeamRobinson said:

This kinda shit takes the wind out of my sails. The dude is a 26 year old millionaire and he refuses to go to minicamp and improve because a deal that is going to happen hasn't happened yet. Business>sport

He isn’t doing it as a slight to the team. If he goes to minicamp and blows out a knee then where does that leave him? 

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

As I've gotten older I've shifted my stance on this sort of thing. The bottom line is NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and teams fuck over players all the time. I'm not going to blame Lewan for wanting the big second contract/extension as thats usually the biggest one for players. Hopefully both sides get it done in time for preseason.

Agree, the man should maximise how much he can earn because as soon as he doesnt fit what the team wants they'll cut him