Kevin Byard may be a top 5 S

kyle021

3 minutes ago, cenj said:

Also, on obvious passing downs, the put Searcy in for Cyprien, and Searcy was regularly playing the deep S role.

And I say Adams will be better than Cyp or Searcy if he's not already.

But taking Byard's ballhawking ways out of centerfield would be a travesty regardless.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet if you went back and looked at Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu's INT's, you would be surprised how many of them were tipped passes or against inferior teams.

Check out @brettkern6’s Tweet:  

Lmfao it is hilarious how consistently wrong about everything Jake is.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, cenj said:

I still want that.

Hooker had 3 ints in his first 3 games as a rookie. He's been a bright spot on a terrible secondary.

Add Hooker with Byard, and you've got two Safeties who can create turnovers. Plus, the two best INTs of Byard recently were when he wasn't playing deep cover.

Last week he was by the LOS and baited the QB, then dropped and made the pick -- he was basically playing SS. Today, his best pick was with him playing Man on the TE (Watson). 

Also, on obvious passing downs, they put Searcy in for Cyprien, and Searcy was regularly playing the deep S role.

Yeah I'm not sure there's a huge difference in roles for LeBeau's safeties. Every system is different. Some have clear roles, with the FS being a pure center fielder & the SS  being a quasi LBer, ala Gregg Williams. Other systems there's really no difference.

I think because of Polamalu's unique traits people assumed the SS was the key spot in his defense. But I think he uses both safeties very aggressively. People keep saying Byard played SS last year but he didn't, he was the FS. When Griff was still here they reguarly used him up by the LOS & blitz. Granted he was a disaster as a deep safety his last year or two. But DLB definitely likes to move both safeties around.

32 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Honestly dont think there is a wrong or right on ones opinion on whether Byard is currently top 5 or not. 

But if you say so....

Just love how a Titan can have 4 good games and all of a sudden hes the next "great HOFer" at his position.

Players that good dont need their own fans trying to talk something into existence. If hes that good it will come about without you homers making yourself believe its true.

Garuentee you no one outside of this board is saying hes a top 5 saftey.

This has been talked about by people in here and the staff since last year though.

This has been anticipated.

50 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Honestly dont think there is a wrong or right on ones opinion on whether Byard is currently top 5 or not. 

But if you say so....

Just love how a Titan can have 4 good games and all of a sudden hes the next "great HOFer" at his position.

Players that good dont need their own fans trying to talk something into existence. If hes that good it will come about without you homers making yourself believe its true.

Guarantee you no one outside of this board is saying hes a top 5 saftey.

On Q!

Check out @LedyardNFLDraft’s Tweet:

You are right about  noone outside of the board saying he is top 5 right now. I'll give you that, but you have to agree he has top 3 potential, because if he continues at this rate that is exactly where he will be at season's end.