so glad Kendall Wright is gone

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More like Kendall WRONG, know what I'm sayin'? #owned #roasted #babygeniuses #bootymeat

not hard to see why Wright was phased out by Mularkey/JRob, his me first attitude doesn't mesh with the culture that is being developed here.  

Fuck you Merc! I was coming in to post a variation of this and you stole my Jamal joke's thunder.....I'm gonna post it anyway: More like Kendall WRONG.....AmIWright?!  

Posted Images

Wright's downfall was being forced to run actual routes instead of the backyard football run to to where you are open style of play.  Couple that with how he appeared to be skinny fat and you have the makings for someone that will disappoint on a continuous basis.  I'm also fairly sure he would be the type to scoff at the idea of staying after practice to work on his route running and/or hitting the gym.  For all we know ten plays was as much as he could handle without becoming gassed.  

Edited by Yoshimitsu

Listen to all this millennial bullshit...

... Well... At least Yoshimitsu and Sox got it wright in their response... Kendal Wright sucks, wright, wright, thank God he's gone, you stole my joke, Napoleon, Napoleon, blah, blah, wha, wha!  

So does every Titans player that leaves the franchise since the year 1999. Soon we'll be reading about how much DeMarco Murray sucked, giving us only one good year... but it was really the offensive line and Marcus Mariota that helped him rush for over 1200 yards... blah, blah, flippidy, blah! 

Good thing we found out about Jeff Fisher being way overrated... too bad we couldn't get Mike Mularkey to coach those Oilers/Titans back in the day. We might've won a Super Bowl! 

16 hours ago, Face said:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Take a look at the numbers & tell me who you think was more productive. Tajae had 522 yards on 83 targets. Wright had 415 yards....on 43 targets. So he gave us 80% of Tajae'a production on a shade more than 1/2 the usage. He was a much better receiver than Tajae last year.

And BTW Kendall at least got a low level starting WR contract on the market. Coming off last year Tajae would've gotten a vet minimum deal....

Sounds great.  But the reality is Wright average 56 rec 649 yds and 3.6 TDs over 5 years.  Take away the one anomalous year, and you have a veteran receiver who averages 46 rec  541 yds and 4 TDs.  Sharpe, in his first year, put up those numbers.  So there is a rule in the NFL, if the rookie is equal to the veteran, go with the rookie!  Kendall Wright added nothing more than Sharpe to this offense.  Sharpe can grow, Wright is what he is.

10 hours ago, Nash said:

Wright was drafted to play wr for Locker..

More specifically drafted to play in Palmer's run and shoot offense, he would have basically been a starter even in the slot

If Wright hadn't been injured last offseason I bet JRob would have traded him before the season started.

He had no trade value while injured and it was clear after he returned that he had a marginal role on this offense.  We were never going to re-sign him obviously.

2 minutes ago, Carpy said:

If Wright hadn't been injured last offseason I bet JRob would have traded him before the season started.

He had no trade value while injured and it was clear after he returned that he had a marginal role on this offense.  We were never going to re-sign him obviously.

He was in the last year of his deal and was the second best WR on the team. Marcus needed someone to throw the ball to last year. 

Kendall just reinforcing the team's decision  to let him walk without even extending an offer.    He just wasn't a good fit for the offense or for the chemistry they're building.