Better - Same - Worse - Uncertain

QB - Levis, Rudolph, Wilson -  Better'ish - Levis in year 2.  Addition by subtraction? 

RB - Spears, Pollard, Chestnut, Johnson - Uncertain, though as with QB, possibly addition by subtraction?

OL - Latham, Skoronski, Cushenbery, Brunskill, Petit-Frere, Radunz, Watson, Duncan , Charles- Better

TE - Okonkwo, Whyle, ? - Uncertain

WR - Ridley, Hopkins, Burks, Phillips, Westbrook, Jackson - Better

Holes still to be plugged - run blocking tight end and OT (whichever one Latham doesn't play)

Difference Maker - Brian Callahan

Will fail if - Levis can't step forward or gets hurt.

DL: Simmons, Sweat, Joseph, Coburn, Bohanna, Weaver, Harrel - Better against run, worse in pass rush - uncertain in general

ILB: Gray, Murray, Gibbens, Reese - uncertain

EDGE: Landry, Key, Campbell, Williams - worse (No Autry)

CB: Awuzie, Sneed, Molden, McReary, Brownlee - Better (by miles)

S: Hooker, Molden, Brown, ? -  Same 

K/P/KR - Folk, Stonehouse, Jackson - Better

Holes  still to be plugged: Safety

Difference Maker - Sneed

Will fail if - Sweat can't be a 3 down player who is able to keep the heat off Simmons, Gray and Murray

If the season started tomorrow, I would guess 5 - 7 wins. That said, its inarguable that the roster has improved significantly on the OL and in the CB room.

LIke it or hate it, the most exciting change is in the coaching staff.  The Texans are on another level - but the rest of the division is in my mind very beatable.

Should be fun season to experience a more open offense and a defense that has the potential to take the ball away.

I hope Sweat makes me look like a fool. I did see a video of him and all the Texas draftees working out at Texas together to get their conditioning up

The critical areas that needed most improvement was the offensive line, WR, and CB and I thought we killed it there. With some improvement at the QB position I think we win 8-9 games. Still some holes to fill on the Dline but I think we had a solid draft/offseason.

The only positions I know for certain have been improved are C, WR, and CB, in that order. Everything else is a total question mark.

I won't be shocked at all if the OL overall is still worst in the league and handicaps the team again this season, just as it has the past two. If so, nothing else really matters. Personally, I don't think near enough has been done at OL to get us out of the cellar. 

We'll see if the big CB additions improve the defense overall, but on paper it's about the same or slightly worse. Key and Landry will have to be way better than last year, and Murray will have to be an upgrade over Al-Shaiir or we're fucked. I expect us to be better against the pass and worse against the run. 

Edited by kgsTitan

LT will be dramatically improved.  The second ILB spot will be improved. Offensive play calling will be better.

Edited by ctm

Some of these OL drafted high previously have to show some growth and with Bill C on board, I'm cautiously optimistic they will. Rad in particular is getting near contract time and there's a huge difference between what a backup vs. an established starter gets on their 2nd contract. 

Edited by No1TitansFan

5 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Some of these OL drafted high previously have to show some growth and with Bill C on board, I'm cautiously optimistic they will. Rad in particular is getting near contract time and there's a huge difference between what a backup vs. an established starter gets on their 2nd contract. 

I was thinking about that. Him having an OK but not great season. Enough to get a decent 3-4  year deal and keep growing with some stability and real coaching could get us a relatively cheap solid starter.

On 5/1/2024 at 5:02 PM, EC34 said:

QB - Levis, Rudolph, Wilson -  Better'ish - Levis in year 2.  Addition by subtraction? 

RB - Spears, Pollard, Chestnut, Johnson - Uncertain, though as with QB, possibly addition by subtraction?

OL - Latham, Skoronski, Cushenbery, Brunskill, Petit-Frere, Radunz, Watson, Duncan , Charles- Better

TE - Okonkwo, Whyle, ? - Uncertain

WR - Ridley, Hopkins, Burks, Phillips, Westbrook, Jackson - Better

Holes still to be plugged - run blocking tight end and OT (whichever one Latham doesn't play)

Difference Maker - Brian Callahan

Will fail if - Levis can't step forward or gets hurt.

DL: Simmons, Sweat, Joseph, Coburn, Bohanna, Weaver, Harrel - Better against run, worse in pass rush - uncertain in general

ILB: Gray, Murray, Gibbens, Reese - uncertain

EDGE: Landry, Key, Campbell, Williams - worse (No Autry)

CB: Awuzie, Sneed, Molden, McReary, Brownlee - Better (by miles)

S: Hooker, Molden, Brown, ? -  Same 

K/P/KR - Folk, Stonehouse, Jackson - Better

Holes  still to be plugged: Safety

Difference Maker - Sneed

Will fail if - Sweat can't be a 3 down player who is able to keep the heat off Simmons, Gray and Murray

If the season started tomorrow, I would guess 5 - 7 wins. That said, its inarguable that the roster has improved significantly on the OL and in the CB room.

LIke it or hate it, the most exciting change is in the coaching staff.  The Texans are on another level - but the rest of the division is in my mind very beatable.

Should be fun season to experience a more open offense and a defense that has the potential to take the ball away.

So with a terrible roster Vrabel got 6 wins.  If BC only gets 5-7 with this roster firing Vrabel was a huge mistake.  This team better win 8-10 or BC/RC team is on the hot seat right away.  

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

So with a terrible roster Vrabel got 6 wins.  If BC only gets 5-7 with this roster firing Vrabel was a huge mistake.  This team better win 8-10 or BC/RC team is on the hot seat right away.  

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm anxious to see the battle at right  guard and tackle.. assuming right guard is between Radunz, Charles, Rupcich, and Brunskill, then Right tackle is between NPF, Watson, Duncan, and Ojukwo.. of course the runner up could be a swing tackle..

I also wonder if Bailey Zappe might be available to be the #3 quarterback, since Joe Milton was drafted by  the Patriots..