NFL Week 16 Titans vs Seahawks Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

Just now, TeamRamrod said:

No he doesn’t. He’s a rookie offensive lineman. And one who changed positions. If you’re talking about positional value, I don’t give a fuck with the state of this roster. 

Nonsense. taking an OG that high even with the roster issues means he has to be all pro caliber and the sooner the better.  He hasn't been to date so hopefully that changes but call a spade a spade, Skoronski hasn't been as good advertised.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting rid of Watterson might have been meatheads worst decision.     Given all his awful decisions, especially with coordinators and staff, that is saying something.  

Just lose, baby!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Nonsense. taking an OG that high even with the roster issues means he has to be all pro caliber and the sooner the better.  He hasn't been to date so hopefully that changes but call a spade a spade, Skoronski hasn't been as good advertised.

It's not that simple, like he said he switched positions. It's not like just because guard is seen as the easier place to play he will immediately be good at it. He also had surgery and missed 4 weeks. He is playing next to the worst LT spot in the nfl and his center isn't very good. On top of that he has said himself there has been a lot of miscommunication on the line which is likely brewers fault as well. 

He deserves some fault as well but trying to act like he is just underperforming and it's him is a gross injustice to his situation 

Just now, oldschool said:

Still half-assing your analysis of NFL offensive line play and development, eh?

Dillard and Brewer have been disasters on two levels.  Bad players and both were over paid when the team had very limited cap space.

And for those who defend Vrabel by saying he has a bad roster then convince us that he didn't have a big role in signing/playing both guys.

Which begs the question, why do you want Vrabel to have any role in rebuilding next year's OL?

Why?

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

Dillard and Brewer have been disasters on two levels.  Bad players and both were over paid when the team had very limited cap space.

And for those who defend Vrabel by saying he has a bad roster then convince us that he didn't have a big role in signing/playing both guys.

Which begs the question, why do you want Vrabel to have any role in rebuilding next year's OL?

Why?

What was your solution for left tackle this past off-season? Not defending Vrabel necessarily. Just curious

Edited by TeamRamrod

26 minutes ago, Callidus said:

It's not that simple, like he said he switched positions. It's not like just because guard is seen as the easier place to play he will immediately be good at it. He also had surgery and missed 4 weeks. He is playing next to the worst LT spot in the nfl and his center isn't very good. On top of that he has said himself there has been a lot of miscommunication on the line which is likely brewers fault as well. 

He deserves some fault as well but trying to act like he is just underperforming and it's him is a gross injustice to his situation 

okay....  OG is way easier to play than LT. The fact he's struggled a bit at OG has nothing to do with him being moved inside. This happens every year with college tackles being moved inside because of limitations at the NFL level. Skoronski was slated as an OG by nearly everyone leading up the draft for a reason. The fact he's been decent most of the year is a fact and it doesnt require you making excuses for it. He was billed as the most NFL ready OL in the draft which is why he went as high as he did as an OG prospect. Its okay to admit he hasn't lived up to expectations. Yes he's not 100% at fault for that playing next to scrubs all season. Hopefully he'll get there.

31 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

Still half-assing your analysis of NFL offensive line play and development, eh?

Just because you know OL play doesn't make you infallible. Its a fact Skoronski has to be more than just good to justify taking a non premium position that high in the draft. I'm sorry you can't admit he hasn't lived up to it so far. That doesn't make him a bust, a strawman lol, it simply means he hasn't been as good as expected.

43 minutes ago, oldschool said:

okay....  OG is way easier to play than LT. The fact he's struggled a bit at OG has nothing to do with him being moved inside. This happens every year with college tackles being moved inside because of limitations at the NFL level. Skoronski was slated as an OG by nearly everyone leading up the draft for a reason. The fact he's been decent most of the year is a fact and it doesnt require you making excuses for it. He was billed as the most NFL ready OL in the draft which is why he went as high as he did as an OG prospect. Its okay to admit he hasn't lived up to expectations. Yes he's not 100% at fault for that playing next to scrubs all season. Hopefully he'll get there.

I don't have any expectations, asking me about how he has been may as well be a question about how Bruce Lee and the 3 stooges would do in a fight against 4 ufc fighters.

Edit: I didn't use Bruce Lee to mean he is great in this was just the first guy that popped into my head when I thought of fighting.

Edited by Callidus

1 hour ago, TeamRamrod said:

Some titans fans are really calling Skoronski a bust?! When did the titans fan base become so fucking annoying? It seems ten times worse this season than normal.

I think that's the nature of the NFL fan these days.  

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

It used to take 3 years to tell if a player was going to be good.... now it takes half a season...

As someone who said that people were being ridiculous in thinking Sko would be an "all-pro guard" pretty much right away, I would love nothing more than to take a victory lap. However, Skoronski has been set up for failure every step of the way. From having to play between absolute bums, to playing a position he's never played, to the appendix issue, it's hard for me to come down very hard on him. He's had some concerning reps but also some very good ones. As a guard, I think he'll be fine. We still made a mistake there but I have hopes he'll make the best of it for us. 

Edited by Mythos27