NFL Week 16 Titans vs Seahawks Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting rid of Watterson might have been meatheads worst decision.     Given all his awful decisions, especially with coordinators and staff, that is saying something.  

Just lose, baby!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

okay....  OG is way easier to play than LT. The fact he's struggled a bit at OG has nothing to do with him being moved inside. This happens every year with college tackles being moved inside because of limitations at the NFL level. Skoronski was slated as an OG by nearly everyone leading up the draft for a reason. The fact he's been decent most of the year is a fact and it doesnt require you making excuses for it. He was billed as the most NFL ready OL in the draft which is why he went as high as he did as an OG prospect. Its okay to admit he hasn't lived up to expectations. Yes he's not 100% at fault for that playing next to scrubs all season. Hopefully he'll get there.

He also had the surgery. I still have high hopes for Skoronski being a high level guard going forward. It is very disappointing they spent that pick on guy they knew couldn't play LT though. 

53 minutes ago, japan said:

It used to take 3 years to tell if a player was going to be good.... now it takes half a season...

Again. Who said he sucks or is a bust? All that has been said is that he hasn't lived up to the hype his rookie season. No one is passing judgment yet.... simply stating a fact.

19 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

This is were you really want to know the rationale at play........

If it's tank mode or doing Tannehill a solid by not exposing him to injury prior to FA, cool.

If Vrabel wants to look more at Willis so he can be a viable option, even as a backup, it merely reinforces that he's an idiot.

Or just one more piece of evidence at you being completely wrong

1 minute ago, VaTitan said:

Or just one more piece of evidence at you being completely wrong

I never said they were playing Willis dumb fuck.  In the scenario if they opted to play Willis over Tannehill, it absolutely would have been one of those reasons.....

Regardless, Vrabel is an idiot when it comes to offense.  That's proven.

2 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

...and the OL coaching has been bad as well

I think this is the part of the equation that's not getting enough attention. They had the worst performing OLine in the league last year...pretty much replaced everyone...and it's been even worse. Even if we accept Carthon and Vrabel have no clue how to evaluate OLine talent, it would be hard to not at least get lucky stumble on one or two productive pieces. More than any other position group the OLine has to function as a coordinated/cohesive unit. So much of an individual OLineman's success is dependent on positioning and leverage. That depends a lot on his individual size, strength and agility...but it also depends on the guy next to him being in the right position at the right time with the right leverage. If there are communication issues, someone not recognizing a stunt quick enough, etc...the entire pocket can fall apart quickly and guys can get caught back-footed trying to recover.

So while there are obvious talent issue, I also think there's a significant coaching component to why the OLine as a whole has been so bad.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Just because you know OL play doesn't make you infallible. Its a fact Skoronski has to be more than just good to justify taking a non premium position that high in the draft. I'm sorry you can't admit he hasn't lived up to it so far. That doesn't make him a bust, a strawman lol, it simply means he hasn't been as good as expected.

I’m not talking about me lol im just some dude. im talking about all the people who actually do know what they’re talking about. 

Edited by TeamRamrod