Titans Covid outbreak 2021; 8/30 update in OP

TheChosenTitan

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Well actually, it was very effective against thr original virus. This is a new virus, in essence. Much less effective against Delta. Do we need a new vaccine? Probably. 

Hopefully they can develop a new vaccine/booster that is even more effective vs delta, but by the time it goes through all the proper testing there will some new variant to worry about.

Anyway, for now, the current vaccine is still extremely effective in simply keeping people from being seriously ill. 

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, here’s my personal experience. My wife and I sheltered in for a year and a half. Literally no one came into our home during that time. We masked 100% of the time when we were in public. We got our

This is what happens when you go to Florida. 

and take the jab

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The idea that Vrabel didn't get vaccinated is ridiculous.  Of course he's vaccinated and his comment of needing two negative tests in a row to come back is the NFL rule for vaccinated people.....

If this is true, it’s so so silly. PCR and antigen tests can remain positive for weeks after an infection, and they do not convey risk of transmissibility. I want to believe that the rule is that you can return earlier than the 10-day period (plus other symptom-based criteria) if you have 2 negative tests. 

6 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

If this is true, it’s so so silly. PCR and antigen tests can remain positive for weeks after an infection, and they do not convey risk of transmissibility. I want to believe that the rule is that you can return earlier than the 10-day period (plus other symptom-based criteria) if you have 2 negative tests. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game

• If a vaccinated person tests positive and is asymptomatic, he or she will be isolated and contact tracing will promptly occur. The positive individual will be permitted to return to duty after two negative tests at least 24-hours apart and will thereafter be tested every two weeks or as directed by the medical staffs. Vaccinated individuals will not be subject to quarantine as a result of close contact with an infected person.

• If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic. Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be subject to a five-day quarantine period if they have close contact with an infected individual.

• Persons who had a previous Covid infection will be considered fully vaccinated 14 days after they have had at least one dose of an approved vaccine.

39 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The idea that Vrabel didn't get vaccinated is ridiculous.  Of course he's vaccinated and his comment of needing two negative tests in a row to come back is the NFL rule for vaccinated people.....

it more of a joke ya retard..

but isnt that rule for unvaccinated as well, right? last years protocols were two negative tests in case of a false postitive

but to further the discussion, where's the proof? you just show your card? you get the shot on site by league mandated team docs? thats a lot of trust from a lot of people that straight up hate the vaccinations and believe it will kill them.

Also, what would the double negative test requirement prove anything in regards to vax status other than he said he was vaxxed.. so he does the vax protocol? Terrible logical conclusion on your part.

Finally, all three of those rules you posted are straight up terrible and not in line with proper up-to-date recommended protocol.

Edited by titanruss

4 minutes ago, titanruss said:

it more of a joke ya retard..

but isnt that rule for unvaccinated as well, right? last years protocols were two negative tests in case of a false postitive

but to further the discussion, where's the proof? you just show your card? what would the double negative test requirement prove anything in regards to vax status other than he said he was vaxxed.. so he does the vax protocol?

No idea what the NFL document requirements are but it's ridiculous to claim he isn't really vaccinated.  And no you weren't joking.  This is hardly the dumbest thing you've ever claimed on TR. 

6 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

So potentially an unvaccinated person can return sooner than a vaccinated person if it takes >10 days for the person to have 2 negative tests…. ?

It's possible if they are asymptomatic and the vaccinated person takes >10 days to recover and post the consecutive negative tests....

My guess would be that most vaccinated people that are symptomatic (like Vrabel) have a couple of days of symptoms and then are fine.  Hence, I'd think it generally would be less than 10 days on average.

29 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Ok, here’s my personal experience. My wife and I sheltered in for a year and a half. Literally no one came into our home during that time. We masked 100% of the time when we were in public. We got our vaccinations at the first opportunity in March and were fully vaccinated. We continued to mask up. and practice social distancing even after the CDC said it was no longer necessary for the fully vaccinated.

2 weeks ago my wife and I went out for dinner in Franklin at Bricktops to celebrate her birthday. We masked up on the way in the restaurant but took them off for dinner. The restaurant was packed and no one was wearing masks.

3 days after having dinner my wife starting having symptoms. She was tested the next day and tested positive. We sheltered in and quarantined her and I was her caregiver. She had fever, body aches, headache, sinus and a cough for 3 days. She got the monoclonal infusion and within 1 day she was nearly recovered and felt back to normal with little or no symptoms.

About 5 days after she tested positive I started having symptoms. I went the the Urgent Care clinic on Sunday and tested positive. I had fever, body aches, sinus, cough and fatigue. They scheduled me to get the infusion 3 days later because they were so backed up already with COVID patients. I got my infusion today.

While I was in the clinic I asked the 5 other people in the room with me if they had gotten the vaccine. 1 had and 4 had not. Before they administered the infusion they asked each person which symptoms they had. There were 12 symptoms on the list. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, chills, fever, body aches, cough, chest pain, sinus congestion, shortness of breath and fatigue. All the people that were unvaccinated had every single symptom. The other guy that was vaccinated and myself had only 5 of the 12 and were clearly in better health. The other 4 coughed wheezed, complained of being cold and needed blankets. One guy was in such bad shape they kept having to take his blood pressure because the thought  he was going to pass out. That tells me the vaccine is keeping people out of the overwhelmed healthcare system and diminishing the effects of the virus for those that do contract it.

Sunday, when I went to Urgent Care to get tested, they opened at 8:00 and I got there at 8:10 and it took me 2 hours to get in and see the doctor because so many people had gotten there before me. Today, they stopped taking patients at 10:00 am because they already had a full slate and could take anymore. This is becoming a full blown crisis again because of the variant and the unvaccinated. 

As far as I’m concerned, I feel like I have a mild cold. I don’t feel bad and I absolutely know that taking the vaccine is why. The irony is that the anti vaccine people are the ones who are being affected most by the delta surge. The really sad part is the unvaccinated include those too young to get the vaccine and they don’t have a choice.

Glad y'all are OK freak. Flying up for the opener with Mrs. Tex.

Here's my personal experience.  My wife and all our kids except for 1 have been vaccinated.  My 16 year old and I have not.  I try to be somewhat careful, but I'm not obsessive about it.  I wash my hands a few times a day, and I don't wear a mask unless I'm somewhere that requires it.  Me, my wife, and my son all tested positive for Covid a few weeks ago.  My son and I had very mild symptoms (slight cough, slight nasal congestion).  Hell, I've had colds 10x worse.  My wife had it worse than all of us, and she's in outstanding shape with zero underlying health issues.  Maybe the vaccine helps.  Maybe it doesn't.  I'm not a crusader either way, but it didn't seem to make much difference in our situation.  

46 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

Glad y'all are OK freak. Flying up for the opener with Mrs. Tex.

Awesome Tex. I wish I was going to be around so we could hook up but we’re supposed to be traveling most of Sept. I did keep my old parking spot. Maybe we’ll get a home playoff game.

I find tremendous value in hearing about people’s personal experiences with covid ….because they’re all over the place.   This isn't like the flu or pink eye, where virtually everyone who gets it has pretty much the exact same experience.  With covid infections,  the symptoms, duration, and severity vary wildly from one person to the next, even within the same household.  I find it rather fascinating.  

I personally know at least a couple dozen people who have had covid.  

Several of them had very mild or zero symptoms and skated right through.  Several others (including myself)  felt like crap for a couple weeks but recovered….several others were hospitalized, and a couple of them damn near died.   I don’t personally know anyone who died, but I know people who have lost friends and family members.  More than a couple of them are still dealing with lingering side effects months later….others are completely back to normal.  Its just all over the place.  

• Jamalisms changed the title to Titans Covid outbreak 2021; 8/30 update in OP