Titans Covid outbreak 2021; 8/30 update in OP

TheChosenTitan

1 minute ago, japan said:

They should have just treated vaccinated players as normal and not tested them.  Test the unvaccinated like crazy.  If you want to make everyone mask up then fine.

I don’t care what they do with unvaccinated players as long as they have to pay some sort of price for not getting the vaccine.  But the vaccinated players should be able to just play without the worry of Covid testing at this point.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, here’s my personal experience. My wife and I sheltered in for a year and a half. Literally no one came into our home during that time. We masked 100% of the time when we were in public. We got our

This is what happens when you go to Florida. 

and take the jab

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, scine09 said:

They’ll change their tune the week that one of their marquee QBs gets Covid.

What are they gonna do if Brady tests positive the week of the NE game?  It’s the most anticipated game in probably years because of him.  And they’re gonna make him sit out despite him feeling fine?  Yes, I know he had Covid earlier in the year so maybe he’s a bad example.  But what if it happens to Rodgers and Mahomes both the week the Chiefs play the Packers.  They’re gonna make them both sit out?  

Unless they want this season derailed by Covid positives they are going to make changes to the testing requirements, IMO.

Only good thing about this for the Titans is that the likelihood someone gets two breakthrough infections while vaccinated in five months is probably impossible so at least their qb and HC are good this year, among others.  But they need to stop the testing unless have symptoms or they want to be tested.  Mask indoors and leave the vaccinated alone.

3 minutes ago, Amy said:

Only good thing about this for the Titans is that the likelihood someone gets two breakthrough infections while vaccinated in five months is probably impossible so at least their qb and HC are good this year, among others.  But they need to stop the testing unless have symptoms or they want to be tested.  Mask indoors and leave the vaccinated alone.

Yep.  This isn’t rocket science.

I'm skeptical we'd even hear if a truly marquee QB who is vaccinated (that's all of them I think) tests positive. I say this without a deep understanding of how the testing is performed mind you, I just don't really trust the NFL (or teams if it is ultimately down to them) is above that sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

I'm skeptical we'd even hear if a truly marquee QB who is vaccinated (that's all of them I think) tests positive. I say this without a deep understanding of how the testing is performed mind you, I just don't really trust the NFL (or teams if it is ultimately down to them) is above that sort of thing.

Lamar Jackson tested positive last year.  He’s certainly a marquee QB.

3 hours ago, scine09 said:

Better yet, don’t test vaccinated players and unvaccinated players can’t play.

3 hours ago, japan said:

They should have just treated vaccinated players as normal and not tested them.  Test the unvaccinated like crazy.  If you want to make everyone mask up then fine.

Serious question - are you more interested in "punishing" unvaccinated players or protecting all the players?  

This past week Zac Martin, one of the best Cowboy players tested positive after having symptoms. He was vaccinated. There's no hint he didn't follow rules or protocols but he certainly had the opportunity to infect others before he realized he had it.

This focus on punishing unvaccinated players is taking focus away from the fact that breakthroughs are happening.  The answers for protecting everyone (in football and all of us) should be focused on more than just blaming the unvaccinated.

Edited by JT2000
Typo

1 hour ago, JT2000 said:

Serious question - are you more interested in "punishing" unvaccinated players or protecting all the players?  

This past week Zac Martin, one of the best Cowboy players tested positive after having symptoms. He was vaccinated. There's no hint he didn't follow rules or protocols but he certainly had the opportunity to infect others before he realized he had it.

This focus on punishing unvaccinated players is taking focus away from the fact that breakthroughs are happening.  The answers for protecting everyone (in football and all of us) should be focused on more than just blaming the unvaccinated.

If by punish you mean tested constantly and if positive or close contact quarantined away from the team then of course. Vaccinated players really aren’t at risk of negative outcomes if they get it. They shouldn’t be tested or punished. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/26/2021 at 10:52 PM, Righteous said:

And the NFL will be eventually asked to stand down on testing because the lie that is this vaccine will be exposed in a big way come the fall, as player continue to text positive and miss games in a bigger numbers than last year.

Who would have thunk the NFL would change their testing policy?????  It’s flu season, people will catch the flu.  But per usual, if I say a duck can pull a truck, STFU and hook it up!