Random thoughts

OILERMAN

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really don't think the loss was some huge deal or that it proved the Titans are phonies etc......   The Titans made a ton of 1st half errors and did a terrible job of tackling. Simply play

The two stupid plays to Henry in the flat killed that drive. I honestly don't know why Henry was in the game at that point.. McNichols is far better in pass protection and is better catching the ball.

@Alcibiades   When Tannehill converted the third and long to Brown, there wasn’t a doubt in mind we were going to pull it off again. 

Its a safe bet the Titans are going to roll the bengals with or without Adoree Jackson. Losing takes some of the pressure of and forces the team to reassess where they are. Warner talked about it in pregame yesterday. He said the Rams were rolling in 99 even though they had lost to the Titans the week before, the loss to the Lions in week 9 was a wake up call. They proceeded to win the next 7 games by double digits until resting their starters in week 17. Obviously they went onto to win the Superbowl that year.

Just now, oldschool said:

Its a safe bet the Titans are going to roll the bengals with or without Adoree Jackson. Losing takes some of the pressure of and forces the team to reassess where they are. Warner talked about it in pregame yesterday. He said the Rams were rolling in 99 even though they had lost to the Titans the week before, the loss to the Lions in week 9 was a wake up call. They proceeded to win the next 7 games by double digits until resting their starters in week 17. Obviously they went onto to win the Superbowl that year.

Time to bring Pees out of retirement ?

1 hour ago, croatian22 said:

Adoree will be back against Bengals. He was 50-50 against Steelers, he should be fine by Sunday 

He was a full participant 3 days of practice last week. Unless he suffered a setback he should be good to go against Cincy.

40 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I wouldn't overlook them. Burrow has got them putting up good numbers. Fortunately for us he doesn't play defense. We have got to manufacture some pass rush though.

3 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I wouldn't overlook them. Burrow has got them putting up good numbers. Fortunately for us he doesn't play defense. We have got to manufacture some pass rush though.

Their D sucks enough to clock control and Burrow puts himself in tons of negative spots.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

The two stupid plays to Henry in the flat killed that drive. I honestly don't know why Henry was in the game at that point.. McNichols is far better in pass protection and is better catching the ball. Smith was not good yesterday, the team powered threw his poor play calling. 

I think Smith got greedy bc of Henry’s big catch and run last week in OT. Great play by the Steelers DT bc if he didn’t sniff it out, Henry had a ton of room. 

4 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Control Boyd and the Bengals offense falls apart. Green is a shell of his former self. Burrow will be a very good pro but the Bengals are way overmatched in this game. Of course the Titans have to go out and earn it as games aren't played on paper. 

47 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Certainly hope you’re right about the Bengals. I hope it’s not even close. I think we can drop 40+ on them but man Burrow and the O has been very good. Hopefully Mixon is still out Sunday. 

1 minute ago, TheBukafax said:

Their D sucks enough to clock control and Burrow puts himself in tons of negative spots.

I think we win but it's not going to be a cakewalk. Henry should put up good numbers.

49 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Why is it a safe bet?  The Bengals have a good offense and Cleveland, who I believe has a better defense than the Titans, couldn't stop them.  I know I get made fun of for always saying this but it's a real tough game.  Cincinnati is not a pushover.  I actually feel better about the Chicago game the following week than I do for this one.  The Bengals have lost a ton of close games and are bound to win one.

What the Titans need to do is start fast.  They need one of those dominant performances on the road in a game that they're expected to win that good teams have that they haven't had in a long, long time.  

You got me sidetracked.  Go look at that Rams-Lions game from 1999.  One of the craziest endings you'll see.  The Lions converted a 4th and 26 on the winning drive.

Edited by scine09

7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Why is it a safe bet?  The Bengals have a good offense and Cleveland, who I believe has a better defense than the Titans, couldn't stop them.  I know I get made fun of for always saying this but it's a real tough game.  Cincinnati is not a pushover.  I actually feel better about the Chicago game the following week than I do for this one.  The Bengals have lost a ton of close games and are bound to win one.

What the Titans need to do is start fast.  They need one of those dominant performances on the road in a game that they're expected to win that good teams have that they haven't had in a long, long time.  

You got me sidetracked.  Go look at that Rams-Lions game from 1999.  One of the craziest endings you'll see.  The Lions converted a 4th and 26 on the winning drive.

Cleveland has a worse defense mainly due to massive injuries in the secondary. And your "this game is tough" routine loses its luster when you post it every damn week. The Bengals cant stop the run, they have given up 150+ rushing yards 4 times in 6 games and 2 of their 3 top 3 WRs have catch rate barely above 50%. This is the kind of game a superbowl contender wins handedly coming of a loss. Now could the Titans struggle on 3rd down defense and get forced into a shootout? Absolutely. But the fact remains if they execute and game plan properly, this should be a win.