Ryan Clark: Derrick Henry Has "Late Play Bravery," Doesn't Run the Same Against Big Boys

Jonboy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mike Tomlin to Ryan Clark right now...      

The look on all of their faces as he kept going was like...  

I live in Steeler country, and want this win in the worst way.  

Posted Images

Just now, titanruss said:

WTF?

At this point it almost seems like he's baiting the Titans to run more because his old team is really scared of the pass game.

Time for more play action baby while the Steelers feel pressured to now defend their Run D honor.

Again, and again, and again, and again, and...

Henry can bowl over anyone he wants but tbh it's a stupid way of running. It shortened Eddies and Earl's career. Henry avoids that when he can. He's not a coward. He is smart. Avoiding getting hit will prolong his career. Juke a motherfucker and stiff arm a motherfucker out of the way and break a long run.

2 hours ago, patsplat said:

Let's see if Connor tries to run over Simmons

Remember in the Vikings game how Cook was running all over us then there was that one play late in the game where he took the handoff and met simmons at the line of scrimmage. Hit him so hard I thought the guy was gonna explode.

45 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Henry can bowl over anyone he wants but tbh it's a stupid way of running. It shortened Eddies and Earl's career. Henry avoids that when he can. He's not a coward. He is smart. Avoiding getting hit will prolong his career. Juke a motherfucker and stiff arm a motherfucker out of the way and break a long run.

This is a great point, which is why I was confused by Clark's take in the first place. 

Henry is a freak of nature with a rare combination of size, speed, and power. He uses his abilities to take advantage of other guys' weaknesses. It makes no sense to try and plow through a 300 lb DT if you can just juke or outrun him. 

Initially, I thought that's the point he was trying to make, but that it just came out in a weird way and he played it up for the camera.

Now with some of these tweet replies from him though...it sounds like's he's actually questioning Henry's toughness and heart, which is ludicrous.

It will be interesting to watch this game.  I listened to a couple of Vegas insiders who feel like the Titans are the play this weekend.

As far as Ryan Clark goes, I don't think it matters for this game.

The Chiefs, namely Frank Clark said they were going to shut him down in the playoffs and he had less than 70 yards.  And, every time he got the ball, he got hit hard.  It definitely seemed to affect him as the game went on.

It may have also been scheme, injury, fatigue from a culmination of workload or just the psychology of being down over 10 points after the first drive in the second half.  I don't think it was him being 'intimidated'... or not wanting it as much as other guys.

Can't wait to watch this game.

1 minute ago, Former_Fan said:

I'll take Henry as a finesse back for the long haul vs Henry being physical up front taking unnecessary hits and risking injury and a short career. He is likely a future hall of famer, multiple pro bowler, and hopefully multiple Super bowl player. Clark is obviously jealous of Henrys dominance..

right.... Clark was a damn good safety and was tough as nails. He never backed down from an assignment. Don't confuse his misinformed take for more than it was.