Trade Deadline Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear Josh Norman is still floating around...

Holy shit, the fake Mariota is a conservative LMAO!!!!! You can't be bad at trolling AND politics. Pick a struggle my guy. 

I think it's funny the troll account got worked up over that comment.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Righteous said:

I hate the zone coverage too but let’s be honest, Chris Jackson, Tye Smith and Jonathan Joseph aren’t manning up on anyone.

True. I actually vomited watching Tye Smith yesterday. I forgot he was still even on the team. We do have a secondary addition coming back though with Adoree who helps push everyone down the depth chart. Theres no internal dline improvements anywhere on the horizon. Zero sacks again yesterday. Although Simmons is world class.

20 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

We have to start generating some pressure. You could put Deion in our secondary, and it would not matter. I think we should make a move for Williams from the Jets. We should also probably switch to a more aggressive scheme once Adoree gets back. Watching Budda Baker last night made me want them to use Byard that way. Something has been off with him this year. Maybe using him more aggressively will get him into the game more. I just feel like his skills are being wasted. All that being said, we are 5-1 with our only loss being to one of the best teams in football on a missed field goal. However, the other contending teams are not standing pat. I want J Rob to make a move.

I've been saying this all year. As bad as the secondary has been, the front 7 has been worse production wise. 

34 minutes ago, stormi said:

True. I actually vomited watching Tye Smith yesterday. I forgot he was still even on the team. We do have a secondary addition coming back though with Adoree who helps push everyone down the depth chart. Theres no internal dline improvements anywhere on the horizon. Zero sacks again yesterday. Although Simmons is world class.

With Jackson back, we should be able to get more creative with rush packages.  At least that what I am hoping.  

It’s crazy people are wanting offensive players when we have a top 3 offense and our defense is absolutely horrible.  We need pass rush help bad or we have no chance come postseason. Why the hell would we want more receivers when our problem isn’t scoring. Our problem is pressure on the QB, which helps are secondary (along with Jackson coming back). 

Edited by RyanK

14 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I respect analytics and all but idk what to make of this. I'm gonna have to re-watch and see if they're crazy or I am. 

My stance on PFF is well known. This kind of shit just furthers that point. I will say this though, I think @Face is right in that PFF does a better job grading OL than then do with skill position players.

Just now, oldschool said:

My stance on PFF is well known. This kind of shit just furthers that point. I will say this though, I think @Face is right in that PFF does a better job grading OL than then do with skill position players.

Overall I think they do good work and it's a hell of a lot better than the old "eye test". As such, I give them the benefit of the doubt but don't necessarily take their conclusions as a be all end all. 

2) At two different junctures this year—before the draft and toward the start of camp—the Patriots had discussions with other teams about a potential Stephon Gilmore trade. Would New England revisit that now? It seems increasingly likely that he could be elsewhere in 2021, so exploring the idea again, with the team at 2–4, wouldn’t be unheard of.

I think we’d have to extend Gilmore to manage his cap hit next year. He should have at least 3 more years of #1 CB play.

Pats wouldn’t get anything close to the Ramsey deal because of age and contract value. 

The Marcus Peters trade (5th rd + Kenny Young) was such a steal for the Ravens. 

The DPOY award inflates his value beyond what I think he’s worth. They’d be selling high to trade him now. I bet they’d get a 1st and 3rd. 

Edited by titaninpgh