Just under 3 weeks till the trade deadline a bit of speculation starting to swirl around the NFL.

- Colts/Steelers/49ers have all been linked with Sam Darnold not sure this is a move that would happen until the Jets have the number 1 pick locked up

- Texans have been mentioned as a team looking to offload WR's Stills and Fuller.

- Patriots are rumored to be looking at offensive weapons (like every year at this time)

- Albert Breer mentioned Giants players Evan Engram and Golden Tate could interest some teams

If the Texans would be willing to trade Fuller or Stills to us despite being in the division, since they’re clearly out of the running - then I would totally do that if the price is right.

Unlikely of course, but more likely without BOB and with their record in such bad shape - especially after this coming game!

Fuller is a receiver we should strongly consider targeting this offseason if Corey Davis is gone. Stills as well due to the Tannehill connection. 

I don't see us doing anything significant. Could see BB trade for Engram and/or Tate. They don't have much at TE. Tate fits the mold of the smaller, quick YAC WR the Pats have typically had.

Edited by socaltitan

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

We should trade for Darqueze Dennard from Atlanta if he comes off the IR before the trade deadline. Can’t have enough CB depth.

They would’ve just signed him when he was available if they were interested (which I thought we should have). 

Edited by tgo

How about Julio? Let's add another year to that deal and spread out that massive cap hit. Maybe make the Falcons eat some of that cap while we're at it. 

Nah, you can't allocate those kinds of resources to that position with the guys we have coming due. 

We need to use the draft get reload the WR position in 2021 and add another high level corner with Butler on the outs. 

Edited by tgo

It would be kinda nice to see us be the team that adds another key piece on our big run during the trade deadline.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

How about Julio? Let's add another year to that deal and spread out that massive cap hit. Maybe make the Falcons eat some of that cap while we're at it. 

Nah, you can't allocate those kinds of resources to that position with the guys we have coming due. 

We need to use the draft get reload the WR position in 2021 and add another high level corner with Butler on the outs. 

Can’t see us trading for someone with a big contract for those reasons. Another team would have to eat a lot of the money.  I think Will Fuller would help but I can’t see HOU giving him up to us. And I wouldn’t extend Fuller who’d be a FA next year so I’d be hesitant to give up much.

Clowney was the big move. Not sure there’s another big move to really make. Maybe we can add a depth move like a vet CB or something, but nothing too crazy imo