Trade Deadline Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear Josh Norman is still floating around...

Holy shit, the fake Mariota is a conservative LMAO!!!!! You can't be bad at trolling AND politics. Pick a struggle my guy. 

I think it's funny the troll account got worked up over that comment.

Posted Images

Just now, titanskick8851 said:

They can almost always move money around with other guys to make it work. Byard and Lewan already reworked their deals to give us more cap flexibility.

Lewan re-worked his deal?

I either missed this or slept since then. I know about Byard. 

As far as Gilmore, wouldn't we only take on part of the cap hit from this year on a prorated basis for games played in 2020, etc. ?

If the Patriots took on some of the remaining cap hit - his 17M hit next year is manageable if you cut Butler. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

As far as Gilmore, wouldn't we only take on part of the cap hit from this year on a prorated basis for games played in 2020, etc. ?

If the Patriots took on some of the remaining cap hit - his 17M hit next year is manageable if you cut Butler. 

Thats an interesting idea. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

His cap hit would only be $7.5 million for 2021

Are we sure we want Gillmore at this point? He was bad at the end of last season and by all accounts, has been bad all this season so far. Bill is looking for a sucker if he’s willing to move him now. Getting out early.

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Oh maybe not. I could’ve sworn I read that FA couple of months ago but maybe I was imagining it. My bad y’all!

Just now, TeamRamrod said:

Are we sure we want Gillmore at this point? He was bad at the end of last season and by all accounts, has been bad all this season so far. Bill is looking for a sucker if he’s willing to move him now. Getting out early.

Yeah...I’m uneasy about it, tbh. 

All depends on the price because Gilmore would obviously be an upgrade to what we have. 

Just now, TeamRamrod said:

I can't fault him for 2020. Half the Pats defense opted out and the offense sucks and keeps turning the ball over which puts the the defense in a bad spot. I don't recall him being bad at the end of last year? Source? I prefer Williams tbh but wouldn't be too mad at acquiring Gilmore if the price were right.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Go get Gilmore!

He was DPOY last year, he couldn't have been that bad. 

I think just from the perspective that it would allow us to run bump and run coverage across the formation to throw off quick timing throws I would do it. Play a more match up based defense. Allows Byard to come down inside more and make plays as well.