Why Are We Losing?

TerryBoats

A few years ago, Robinson said that 9-7 wasn't good enough and not a reflection of the talent on the team.  If it was true then, why isn't it true now?

Yesterday was reminiscent of the Rams game in 2017.  We got off to an unexpected start vs a really good NFC team, guys made plays, the players did well by all accounts, yet we lost.  

A year ago, I had complete confidence that the coaching staff was going to get the most out of the players.  This 9-7 is far more underwhelming than that 9-7, assuming we even win the next game.  

If you look at the other side of the ball, New Orleans doesn't have a world of talent to work with.  They just seem to be able to utilize every bit of it that they have on offense.  Michael Thomas might be the most underwhelming elite WR that I've ever seen.  

If we can't win a game like the one yesterday, what quality team can we actually beat?  We got out to an early lead, which should have allowed us to be aggressive on defense and simply manage the clock on offense, like last year vs NE.  But we lost by double digits?  How did that happen?

I can't see Robinson being happened with the way things are going.  The QB isn't an excuse anymore, and ours is actually playing as well as anyone in the league, yet we still can't get over the 9-7 hump.  They are going to do some serious evaluation regarding the coaching positions,because there was no reason that we should have lost yesterday, or come out as flat as we did against Houston.  We look exactly like Dallas does.  Too much talent is being wasted 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The record would be much better if we had been playing the better QB from the start.    As for yesterday, we didn't have our best offensive weapon, our stud rookie lineman didn't play, our #

Pees isn't the problem.  We better hope like hell he doesn't retire.

16 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

A few years ago, Robinson said that 9-7 wasn't good enough and not a reflection of the talent on the team.  If it was true then, why isn't it true now?

Yesterday was reminiscent of the Rams game in 2017.  We got off to an unexpected start vs a really good NFC team, guys made plays, the players did well by all accounts, yet we lost.  

A year ago, I had complete confidence that the coaching staff was going to get the most out of the players.  This 9-7 is far more underwhelming than that 9-7, assuming we even win the next game.  

If you look at the other side of the ball, New Orleans doesn't have a world of talent to work with.  They just seem to be able to utilize every bit of it that they have on offense.  Michael Thomas might be the most underwhelming elite WR that I've ever seen.  

If we can't win a game like the one yesterday, what quality team can we actually beat?  We got out to an early lead, which should have allowed us to be aggressive on defense and simply manage the clock on offense, like last year vs NE.  But we lost by double digits?  How did that happen?

I can't see Robinson being happened with the way things are going.  The QB isn't an excuse anymore, and ours is actually playing as well as anyone in the league, yet we still can't get over the 9-7 hump.  They are going to do some serious evaluation regarding the coaching positions,because there was no reason that we should have lost yesterday, or come out as flat as we did against Houston.  We look exactly like Dallas does.  Too much talent is being wasted 

How dumb are you. We sat important pieces yesterday and still had a chance to win if the refs don’t blow a call. 

We have what 6 starters out, a number of other pieces on ir, and lost 2 games because of shit kicking and 2 more that if one play goes the other way we likely win. Not making excuses but that is very close 2 being a 12win team. Oh and we played a qb who wouldn't throw the ball for 6 games. We are much better than our record shows.

29 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

Impossible to say QB isn't an excuse when he inherited a 2-4 record. 

Mariota was a problem,but he clearly wasn't the only problem.  

Look at the QBs with comparable ratings to Tannehill.  They are on the best teams in the league.  They simply beat other teams.  I know that it's the NFL and games often come down to a play or two , but we all have to admit that we were fortunate during several of these wins.  If the Centers for TB and KC don't botch a snap, those game likely have a different outcome.  If Gordon doesn't fumble, that game likely has a different outcome.  A FG block against Indy was the difference maker. 

Guys are making plays, especially at the most important position.  We know that they are going to show up each week and execute whatever they are asked to do.  That's where I think the issue is.  The plan simply isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, abc2330 said:

Mariota was a problem,but he clearly wasn't the only problem.  

Look at the QBs with comparable ratings to Tannehill.  They are on the best teams in the league.  They simply beat other teams.  I know that it's the NFL and games often come down to a play or two , but we all have to admit that we were fortunate during several of these wins.  If the Centers for TB and KC don't botch a snap, those game likely have a different outcome.  If Gordon doesn't fumble, that game likely has a different outcome.  A FG block against Indy was the difference maker. 

Guys are making plays, especially at the most important position.  We know that they are going to show up each week and execute whatever they are asked to do.  That's where I think the issue is.  The plan simply isn't good enough.

You’ll always lose an argument if your main points are what ifs. 

Why are we losing?

Both starting CBs out vs one of the best QBs ever.

An offense that is predicated on a physical running game and playaction playing w/o your power RB.

This isn't hard to figure out.

Sidenote: I want to see this offense consistently drive the field before I have too much faith in the team. Big wins from big plays on offense, defense and STs are great but to be consistently good, you've gotta be able to just line up and beat the other team play for play.

Edited by reo