Titans Going Forward

Number9

9 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Until the Titans break away from this run first/ball security/play good defense philosophy this franchise will be mired in mediocrity.

This team desperately needs more creative innovative offensive minds on the coaching staff.

The Titans had one of the most well thought of offensive minds in the NFL on the staff last year. Guess what? It was the same thing. The Titans need a good QB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not a new era...it’s the same old era.  Solid defense with a scrub QB and an offense that wants to live in the 70s.  We need an offensive minded coach, and it was a mistake to hire Vrabel over La

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.   Until the Titans break away from this run first/ball security/play good defense phi

The new era started when Vrabel was hired and he is now 13-12.  This week against the Panthers wasn't just another loss.  It was the type of performance you typically see when players mentally check o

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

The Titans had one of the most well thought of offensive minds in the NFL on the staff last year. Guess what? It was the same thing. The Titans need a good QB

Do you want Vrabel/Arthur Smith being responsible for developing the QBOTF.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

The Titans have some issues on offense to figure out the rest of the season. 

Priority one is Tannehill, should he be signed and should he be the starting QB in 2020? They'll have to decide this before the draft. Unless the Titans end up with 4 or 5 wins I don't think they'll be in position to get one of the top QBs. 

Next they have to decide what to do with Derrick Henry. I'd personally move on to a more well rounded complete RB. Robinson seems to like him more than that. 

The Titans also have to decide after the season about Corey Davis and the 5th year option. WTF are they going to do here? Either Robinson is a moron for drafting him 5th or the staff has grossly underutilized him. I lean towards both, you don't draft a WR in the top 5 and if you do then use him, feature him. 

They also have to likely sign Conklin. Can they afford to have another hole at OT? Especially considering Lewan looks like an average at best LT w/o the juice. 

I'd probably sign Tannehill, let Henry walk. I've already said I'd love to draft D'Andre Swift, There are better RBs in free agency anyway. I'd try and trade Davis and sign Conklin to an extension barring a collapse down the stretch. They may even have to franchise Conklin. 

I personally think a complete reboot with a new starting QB and coaching staff is unlikely at least at this point.  A band aid on the current situation for 2020 seems likely.  The problem with that approach is how does the PR staff sell hope to the fan base next year?  What's the marketing strategy?

Given the current trendline, the choice for AAS is whether she wants to buy out 3 years of Vrabel's contract or likely see a further deterioration of the fan base.

7 minutes ago, ctm said:

The problem with that approach is how does the PR staff sell hope to the fan base next year?  What's the marketing strategy?

This is what could force them to draft a 1st round QB. 

BTW, how this season ends could dictate how much a change there is in 2020

If this team collapses, and I personally believe it will, Robinson is putting his own job on the line sticking with Vrabel next year. 

One thing I will say is Robinson is quick to move on from mistakes. Sunday had to piss him off, it looked like the team had not even practiced. Inconsistent and Undisciplined should be the tag line of this team. 

As of right now, I'd re-sign Tannehill. He's a guy you can win with right now, and I don't want Vrabel developing a rookie QB. Draft a new QB when Vrabel is fired and we hire an offensive minded coach. I don't believe JRob has the balls to fire Vrabel yet -- his future is tied to him.

And Vrabel has some answering to do himself. He's the one who drafted and signed this OL. He signed Lewis and didn't upgrade. He took C Davis #5 overall when many of us said that it wasn't worth that slot. He had a haul from the trade back and a few years into it, he's made some really bad decisions and some really good decisions (Simmons looks good, Byard, J. Brown). He seems to do better in the middle rounds.

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I don’t think JRob is nearly to blame as Vrabel and Art Smith. 

I hate to think of CD going somewhere else, but if Art isn’t going to use him, then we might as well get compensation. It’s criminal to not use him with as much talent as he has. 

True but JRob interviewed 3 candidates for the coaching staff: one was Vrabel, the other LeFleur, and the third a possible Rooney rule candidate.

Jrob had many other good options to choose from like Reich, McDaniels, Patricia, Arians, etc, etc. He had tunnel vision and wanted Vrabel. JRob is absolutely to blame for that. I think he’s a great talent evaluator and should have the chance to pick talent for another coach if they decide Vrabel is a failure. But he should have a very limited role in picking the coach. 

That will still totally destabilize the franchise so I’m all for keeping Vrabel if at all possible. 

Another issue moving forward:

HPmp1ht.jpg

Stop. Sucking. Country. Music's. Pecker.

I don't care if we are in the Country mecca of the world. There's other kinds of music in the panacea to fill that need and plenty of it is represented in the general era. I'm not even really a fan of these guys, but Kings Of Leon for example live right down the fucking road. They'd at least be something different. Plus it'd be funny to watch the Midday180 guys fill the stadium with baby batter to see their boys out there making noise.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The Titans have some issues on offense to figure out the rest of the season. 

Priority one is Tannehill, should he be signed and should he be the starting QB in 2020? They'll have to decide this before the draft. Unless the Titans end up with 4 or 5 wins I don't think they'll be in position to get one of the top QBs. 

Next they have to decide what to do with Derrick Henry. I'd personally move on to a more well rounded complete RB. Robinson seems to like him more than that. 

The Titans also have to decide after the season about Corey Davis and the 5th year option. WTF are they going to do here? Either Robinson is a moron for drafting him 5th or the staff has grossly underutilized him. I lean towards both, you don't draft a WR in the top 5 and if you do then use him, feature him. 

They also have to likely sign Conklin. Can they afford to have another hole at OT? Especially considering Lewan looks like an average at best LT w/o the juice. 

I'd probably sign Tannehill, let Henry walk. I've already said I'd love to draft D'Andre Swift, There are better RBs in free agency anyway. I'd try and trade Davis and sign Conklin to an extension barring a collapse down the stretch. They may even have to franchise Conklin. 

I think we draft a QB regardless and still sign Tannehill to be the bridge guy. 

14 hours ago, Nash said:

1) Moving on from Mariota ..done

2) Establish a passing based or more balanced offense, move away from a power running offense

3) Establish a defensive philosophy and solid pass defense

If you overlook the reasons for many of the problems on offense, I guess the simplest solution is fire the coach.  But there a little daisy chain that got us to where we are.  I liked all of what Nash says.  Move away from a power running offense.  We just signed Saffold to improve the running offense in order to achieve success with the planned offense for Mariota.  Then when the key component fails people want to start tearing out everything, too.

The OL went from a strength to a weakness because Lewan got busted and he's no longer playing at an elite level, plus we have Davis starting w/Douglas at center.  Then you add in Smith calling plays who was only acceptable because he could keep Mariota from learning a new offense and you get what we got.  Again, maybe Vrabel isn't the guy, but who could have done way better with what he's had to work with? 

We scream for a new QB.  The replacement looks decent in two games we win.  Then we lose ONE game and it's time to fire the HC, maybe replace the GM.