Mike Sando's Annual QB Tier rankings

BudsOilers

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You see these defensive coaches saying he CAN’T pass the ball.    Welcome aboard GMs and defensive coaches 

Mike Sando 1h ago 27 Welcome to my sixth annual Quarterback Tiers survey. As “QB Tiers” makes its debut on The Athletic after five years at ESPN, a short primer is in order. Fifty-five NFL c

This didn't surprise me in the least.  Saying that, Ruston and Blake are prime examples of idiots that were front office people so they are out there.    It sure matches up with how teams de

Posted Images

It’s pretty harsh. A large dose of reality for many. 

It does seem less harsh than the extreme anti-Mariota takes though. 

It says if he didn’t have injury problems he’d be a legit starter. Not great, but good enough to win with if you put him in a good situation. 

Obviously his ability so far is still a huge disappointment for a #2 pick but sans availability concerns he’d probably be the guy going forward.

Overall my expectation is still that we’ll be QB shopping next spring. 

I don't understand why these people are saying Mariota can't throw in tight windows when he's forced to throw in tight windows in almost every passing down. So clearly he can. 

We'll see what happens, but I maintain Mariota is a good QB. He can make all the requisite throws. I've seen him throw with anticipation countless times. He's just had one of the worst receiving cores in the league his whole career. Not to mention the vastly inconsistent running game and OL play. He's also had no consistency in offense, so he hasn't been able to establish trust with the offense and receivers around him. Another huge issue is that he's constantly banged up (this is more on him) which also impacts his ability. 

I'm optimistic on the team this year. I think JRob has given Mariota a very fair shot here with drafting AJ Brown and bringing in Humphries, a slot player that Mariota has never had. CD84, Brown, Humphries, Walker, Jonnu, Sharpe, Taylor is finally a real receiving corps. 

2 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

I don't understand why these people are saying Mariota can't throw in tight windows when he's forced to throw in tight windows in almost every passing down. So clearly he can. 

We'll see what happens, but I maintain Mariota is a good QB. He can make all the requisite throws. I've seen him throw with anticipation countless times. He's just had one of the worst receiving cores in the league his whole career. Not to mention the vastly inconsistent running game and OL play. He's also had no consistency in offense, so he hasn't been able to establish trust with the offense and receivers around him. Another huge issue is that he's constantly banged up (this is more on him) which also impacts his ability. 

I'm optimistic on the team this year. I think JRob has given Mariota a very fair shot here with drafting AJ Brown and bringing in Humphries, a slot player that Mariota has never had. CD84, Brown, Humphries, Walker, Jonnu, Sharpe, Taylor is finally a real receiving corps. 

You're right, 55 NFL coaches and executives are wrong.  

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I'm more curious what retards voted Rodgers, Brady and Brees as tier 2 QBs.

I'm guessing coaches and GMs from GB, NE and NO for motivation?

7 minutes ago, FRT said:

I'm guessing coaches and GMs from GB, NE and NO for motivation?

Would hope that's the case, but I'd bet there's some real retards in the FOs and coaching staffs across the league that actually believe that.

It's incredible how stupid you can be and still hold a job in an NFL FO/coaching staff. Plenty examples of that over the years.