Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

Jonboy

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given their injury history Mariota and Tannehill might just be able to cover a full 16 game regular season schedule.

Part of my job is keeping up with tech news, software updates, bugs, etc. so I have twitter open all day at work. I use Tweetdeck and have it docked to the side of my screen at all times. So when some

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Titans279 said:

What was Mariota’s PFF grade last year?

At this point, signing Ryan Fitzpatrick is like booking a ticket on the Titanic or getting in the car with Thelma and Louise. You know how this ends. This is his 8th team. That's literary a quarter of the entire NFL.

Edited by NFLStudent

1 hour ago, NFLStudent said:

At this point, signing Ryan Fitzpatrick is like booking a ticket on the Titanic or getting in the car with Thelma and Louise. You know how this ends. This is his 8th team. That's literary a quarter of the entire NFL.

More like it's your starting QB booking a ticket on the Hindenburg or Titanic

Cosell talked in depth about Tanniota yesterday. Wasn't too kind to MM

Said they are both underachieving top picks, said Tannehill is probably a better passer and didn't believe they would build the offense around Mariota's passing and would instead make Henry the foundation of the offense. Said they were a lot alike. 

Also pointed out Robinson and Vrabel had no part in acquiring Mariota and MM would def have to produce or get replaced/not resigned

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Also pointed out Robinson and Vrabel had no part in acquiring Mariota and MM would def have to produce or get replaced/not resigned

In fairness, there's probably not a single person on the planet who honestly believes Mariota should be given a long term deal at this point

Edited by wiscotitansfan

56 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Said they are both underachieving top picks, said Tannehill is probably a better passer and didn't believe they would build the offense around Mariota's passing and would instead make Henry the foundation of the offense. Said they were a lot alike. 

This is why I am for building a dominant defense.  They can win with whoever the QB happens to be, even a rookie. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Tanny was at an absolute dumpster fire of an organization.  I'd like to see him in a better situation. 

I've watched tape of both, and it's difficult to come to a conclusion.   Mariota has a better team and coaching staff.  They do more in terms of play calling to help him and give him more open reads and throwing lanes.  He doesn't appear to be someone you hand a ball and tell to win a game, or ask too much of.  But when he throws ball, it comes out quickly and gets to the target.  But you can also see how he can really struggle if circumstances are difficult

Tannehill has a bigger arm with better touch. Also a better creator and is truly a pass-first QB.  He can hit players in stride in the short game and get the ball over defenders, he doesn't require a clear throwing lanes.  Also more willing to test coverage and throw 50/50 balls. But I absolutely hate watching his tape.  His team sucks.  Or maybe he sucks and makes them look bad, though it appears he's fighting an uphill battle.  But I like his chances on a better team with a more structured offense, given that he stays healthy.

5 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Tanny was at an absolute dumpster fire of an organization.  I'd like to see him in a better situation. 

I've watched tape of both, and it's difficult to come to a conclusion.   Mariota has a better team and coaching staff.  They do more in terms of play calling to help him and give him more open reads and throwing lanes.  He doesn't appear to be someone you hand a ball and tell to win a game, or ask too much of.  But when he throws ball, it comes out quickly and gets to the target.  But you can also see how he can really struggle if circumstances are difficult

Tannehill has a bigger arm with better touch. Also a better creator and is truly a pass-first QB.  He can hit players in stride in the short game and get the ball over defenders, he doesn't require a clear throwing lanes.  Also more willing to test coverage and throw 50/50 balls. But I absolutely hate watching his tape.  His team sucks.  Or maybe he sucks and makes them look bad, though it appears he's fighting an uphill battle.  But I like his chances on a better team with a more structured offense, given that he stays healthy.

I'm not one of the Mariota jock sniffers but this is wrong IMO.  Mariota has put up a respectable number of 4th quarter game winning drives thus far in his career.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

I'm not one of the Mariota jock sniffers but this is wrong IMO.  Mariota has put up a respectable number of 4th quarter game winning drives thus far in his career.

He has a high number of 4th quarter comebacks 

How many actual game winning drives?

12 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I meant you can't let him sit back and throw the ball all game and expect to win.  You need a plan for him, to sprinkle in passes that he's comfortable with.