Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

Jonboy

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given their injury history Mariota and Tannehill might just be able to cover a full 16 game regular season schedule.

Part of my job is keeping up with tech news, software updates, bugs, etc. so I have twitter open all day at work. I use Tweetdeck and have it docked to the side of my screen at all times. So when some

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, ctm said:

Kline was terrible.  Now we have no one.   

An improvement...

Seriously though, they have plenty of guys who could play RG, plus the draft and free agency isn’t done. We don’t know who is going to start there in 2019, we only know Kline was terrible in 2018. 

12 minutes ago, ctm said:

Kline was terrible.  Now we have no one.  MM was sacked 41 times and that included 11 times in one game.

I find it ironic that you want to post pictures of MM laying on the ground, yet don't want to use premium resources to protect him and simply say:  maybe the GM gets a RG before the draft.

Maybe he does find a RG before the draft.  He may also find some defensive help before the draft using that logic.  But why don't you  want to use a premium resource, given your concern about MM health?

I think to win big, the Titans have to get a much better pass rush.  We won nine games each of the last three seasons.  I know the last two years I think we would have beat Miami if Marcus played both games.  So that's 10-6 back to back and the playoffs.  The way I see it is the Titans offense is not designed to put huge numbers up.  The path open to us is improving the front of a really good defense.  IYO, how can we best solve the problem of beating Luck?  I say Luck because that's the key to the division and a team that can beat them will win a lot of games.

Maybe the Titans see differently and are targeting a G.  If that's the plan, I'm onboard.  Mariota runs around and he take unnecessary hits.  He slams his throwing shoulder into big DL and has even hurtled a tackler.  He gets injured.  When it happens is not when we see it all the time.

4 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

More non-answers.

smh

Exactly.  None of the posts explain why it isn't a priority to protect MM, given the concern and pictures of him on the ground.  It's contradictory.

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

Exactly.  None of the posts explain why it isn't a priority to protect MM, given the concern and pictures of him on the ground.  It's contradictory.

Although this is directed at Number9......

They need a C/guard starter but they have other needs as well. Other needs available at 19 might not be available later on where an interior OL might might be available later on. 

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm fine with an interior OL at 19 but I'll remind who Warmack was replaced with a guy cut and picked up off waivers. 

It can do be done without a top pick. 

Also to keep throwing out the sack numbers doesn't reflect all the issue, MM himself was a big issue with pass protection. 

Kline was a great waiver wire pick up and was an immediate improvement over Warmack. 

But after paying him a ridiculous contract he turned into Warmack. Honestly, Kline was pretty much that bad in 2019. I don’t know if it was all the change to zone blocking or what.

Regardless, they can’t really do worse than what they got from Kline last year and they can do it much cheaper. Pamphile, Kelly, Levin, And Stinnie can’t really be any worse...

Just now, OILERMAN said:

They need a C/guard starter but they have other needs as well. Other needs available at 19 might not be available later on where an interior OL might might be available later on. 

The draft is shallow at IOL and deep on the DL.

The IOL will start and play 1000 snaps.  The DL will rotate.

What's the priority is the real question?  So how do you post pics of MM on the ground and apparently show concern about it and then turn around and say defense is the priority?

7 minutes ago, ctm said:

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Exactly.  FA isn't over.  The Titans have two QBs who have injury issues.  They will get an IOL.  

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Kline was a great waiver wire pick up and was an immediate improvement over Warmack. 

But after paying him a ridiculous contract he turned into Warmack. Honestly, Kline was pretty much that bad in 2019. I don’t know if it was all the change to zone blocking or what.

Regardless, they can’t really do worse than what they got from Kline last year and they can do it much cheaper. Pamphile, Kelly, Levin, And Stinnie can’t really be any worse...

Wyatt yesterday.  Just read between the lines.  What is he implying is the priority?

Touched on the draft being more wide open earlier. I do think the team still has a need for a big and nasty defensive lineman, and there are plenty of them in the draft. You still can’t rule out edge rushers at some point, but not necessarily at 19. I agree with you on Wake. As for Pamphile, he was a good add. He’s a versatile guy, he was solid early in 2018 in relief, and he provides depth. I’d be surprised if he bumped someone for a starting spot, though, even though the GM did mention him as a contender for the open guard spot following Josh Kline's release. But there's still some work to do on the offensive line, and there will be more additions.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-mailbag-jim-wyatt-answers-questions-from-fans-x9045

7 minutes ago, ctm said:

The draft is shallow at IOL and deep on the DL.

The IOL will start and play 1000 snaps.  The DL will rotate.

What's the priority is the real question?  So how do you post pics of MM on the ground and apparently show concern about it and then turn around and say defense is the priority?

So you'd rather spend a top pick just because it's shallow (multiple will possibly be off the board already) and then a later pick at DL, ultimately not getting a blue Chip player at either position? We don't NEED to spend a first on IOL just because Mariotas frail.

You can find competent guys without using pick 19

If they pick a C/G at 19 I'll be happy about it, but forcing the pick like you are implying is dumb as shit

6 minutes ago, ctm said:

It's who they are. 

Insightful and honest analytics eludes them, so they look for and/or revert to the easy, shallow answers.

But this is far from the only contradictory line of thinking when this offense gets discussed around here.

It's like the Skip Bayless version of groupthink.

2 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

It's who they are. 

Insightful and honest analytics eludes them, so they look for and/or revert to the easy, shallow answers.

But this is far from the only contradictory line of thinking when this offense gets discussed around here.

It's like the Skip Bayless version of groupthink.

I got that contradiction as well:   the offense isn't designed to score a lot of points, so lets make defense the priority.

8 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So you'd rather spend a top pick just because it's shallow (multiple will possibly be off the board already) and then a later pick at DL, ultimately not getting a blue Chip player at either position? We don't NEED to spend a first on IOL just because Mariotas frail.

You can find competent guys without using pick 19

If they pick a C/G at 19 I'll be happy about it, but forcing the pick like you are implying is dumb as shit

Forced pick?   How many DL will be off the board at 19 compared to internal OL?  The DL number will be greater and the forced pick, if you want to define it that way, will be DL.

And using your logic....you can find competent DL to rotate in without using pick 19.

The question is what is the priority, always is.

13 minutes ago, ctm said:

I got that contradiction as well:   the offense isn't designed to score a lot of points, so lets make  improving defense the priority.

Nobody is saying not to improve the offense.  So far, the Titans have spent the most $$$$ improving the offense.  

Analytics

Whoever scores the most points wins the football game.  If you have an offense that scores less than three TDs per game, you will need a damn good defense to win.

Edited by Number9