Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

Jonboy

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

This is one of the reasons why Beddingfield got fired. He doesn’t realize we’ll get a comp pick for losing Tannehill and or possibly Mariota next year. 

And Saffold is a more expensive version of Spain? What a stupid thing to say.

Is that kind of like how Aaron Rodgers is a more expensive version of Johnny Manziel? 

Saffold and Spain are Equal players???

Saffold is an all Pro and Spain can’t find a job. 

He’s saying this because he was the one who brought in Spain as an UDFA and he’s totally biased. 

Beddingfield’s opinion is unreliable on any player he brought in or advocated for because he’s so biased and has an ego. 

It’s also stupid to say losing the 4th will hurt next year because Jrob has not used a 4th round pick as a GM so far. He will probably trade this years to move up and get someone just to keep his streak alive. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given their injury history Mariota and Tannehill might just be able to cover a full 16 game regular season schedule.

Part of my job is keeping up with tech news, software updates, bugs, etc. so I have twitter open all day at work. I use Tweetdeck and have it docked to the side of my screen at all times. So when some

Posted Images

Nice upgrade at the QB2. I think RT will push Mariota and if Mariota gets sloppy pressure will mount for the Titans make a switch. Injuries have defined 8MMs career to this point. If he goes down again for a significant amount of time he may not get the rains back as a Titan. Get your popcorn ready after this move.

57 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’ll openly say as an appeal to authority that the Titans are paying one guy 20 million and the other 2. There’s a reason for that no matter how much you dislike him. 

I love the signing. Tannehill ends up a cheap bridge for us if Marcus fails. 

We are paying him $2M because we needed an comparable backup while paying our starter $21M, and we almost miraculously acquired one.  

On the contrary, there is a reason why Tannehill has thrown for 4,200 yards in a season and Mariota hasn't come close.  He can make more throws, get more out of his supporting cast.  But there is a reason why Miami let him go, and is the exact same reason why we are at a crossroads with our own QB.

Tannehill has been far more productive at the position and that's been an issue for us for over two years, the overall deal for him is good get.

JRob appears to be done with waiting on Marcus to develop and or stay healthy, either do it or sit down. Play like you have sit down, get hurt unavailable sit down.

With that said I don't see Tannehill has a guy that would get us over the hump, playoffs yeah I think he could but not all the way, but I have little faith in Marcus being available come playoff push time let alone actually getting us in.

JRob has dropped the cow.

I’m really glad the Titans got Tannehill. More than adequate to come in and win a few games if need be. 

Im going to say after Mariota’s first WTF throw in pre-season, people will be chomping at the bit to have Mariota benched. 

I personally think Mariota is going to play well this year. He knows it’s his last shot. 

Also, lol @ co-starter. Oman, you’re trying too hard now. 

I don’t think it’s accurate to say that Tannehill isn’t here to compete with Mariota for the starting job. He just isn’t here to compete for the 2019 starting job. 

Both of of these guys are free agents next year. One of them will almost surely be the 2020 starting QB. How they each look in 2019 will factor into that. 

A while back I posted 538's article about passer rating inflation and I thought about it with us bringing in Tannehill.

Anyway, you can see that Mariota and Tannehill have very similar passer ratings (89.4, 87.0), and virtually identical "new passer ratings" (67.5, 67.2). Both QB's disproportionately benefit from the stat inflation that's boosting everyone's stats to some degree. It's just boosting theirs more than most other QBs.

Their ratings both benefit a lot from things like how completion percentages have ballooned with the rule changes and modern offenses exploiting the short game.

This article engendered a lot of criticism of Mariota and every argument against Mariota pretty much applies to Tannehill just as well.

They are basically the same guy (Tannehill has a worse deep ball though). It's funny because Tannehill was the original comp Daniel Jeremiah made for Marcus Mariota way back before the 2015 draft. We didn't listen! ?

ZygnbJz.png

1 hour ago, tgo said:

This is one of the reasons why Beddingfield got fired. He doesn’t realize we’ll get a comp pick for losing Tannehill and or possibly Mariota next year. 

And Saffold is a more expensive version of Spain? What a stupid thing to say.

Is that kind of like how Aaron Rodgers is a more expensive version of Johnny Manziel? 

Saffold and Spain are Equal players???

Saffold is an all Pro and Spain can’t find a job. 

He’s saying this because he was the one who brought in Spain as an UDFA and he’s totally biased. 

Beddingfield’s opinion is unreliable on any player he brought in or advocated for or against because he’s so biased and has an ego. 

I don't bother to read his stuff anymore. Does anyone calm him out on Twitter over it?

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I thought this quote from a Kuharsky article was interesting. The scout is talking about Tannehill but it also describes MM

"Guys that play QB and process slowly get hurt.”

I've never really thought of it that way but that's exactly how MM got hurt vs the Skins.

Except he doesn't process slow lol, he may hold on to the ball waiting for guys to get open if anything.